Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 03:23 PM
Sarnak

Good stuff, ty!
Old 05-14-2018, 03:40 PM
Planar Protector

The "you can't love others until you love yourself" thing is mostly bullcrap. If you want self-esteem, then do esteemable things. You can't just decide to have self-esteem, and you can't just decide to love yourself. Actions are what counts.

Brain chemical shenanigans aside, a lot of depression is caused by excessive focus on self. It's understandable we do that, it's by nature and it's sure as hell encouraged by our culture, but if you want to feel better STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU and go help somebody else.
Old 05-14-2018, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

Well said, Oct.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "you can't love others until you love yourself" thing is mostly bullcrap. If you want self-esteem, then do esteemable things. You can't just decide to have self-esteem, and you can't just decide to love yourself. Actions are what counts.

Brain chemical shenanigans aside, a lot of depression is caused by excessive focus on self. It's understandable we do that, it's by nature and it's sure as hell encouraged by our culture, but if you want to feel better STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU and go help somebody else.
Man, that's so dead on.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:10 PM
Fire Giant

Everyone is mentally ill but me and Filbus
Old 05-14-2018, 08:07 PM
Banned

an adonic figure is risky for the same reason you don't put a mirror in the Bird Cage
Old 05-14-2018, 09:52 PM
Kobold

Summer of 99 was camping some Rubicite in the throne room in Cazic Thule. The zone typically had 40-50 people in it all humping the dream of red armor. The throne room has two groups in it by itself, one group pulling to each side of the entrance area. Well apparently the group camping Avatar of Fear got overwhelmed but what was unique was that due to its location most groups just died badly down in the camp. Not this time. The avatar of Fear made it up to the Top floor, along with every mob between. There was so much carnage, so many lives cut short. The blood was ankle deep in some spot, the temple floor the same shade as the rubicite armor we had all come seeking. It truly was one of the great massacres I’ve ever witnessed on this game and it still haunts my dreams to this day. Being a paladin I was able to survive but some days I wish I hadn’t.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

I feel like either we have some top notch trolls in this thread, or you guys have no clue what depression is.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 05-14-2018, 10:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I feel like either we have some top notch trolls in this thread, or you guys have no clue what depression is.
is it something bougies claim for simony?
Old 05-15-2018, 02:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great video

We liking IMPACT font better?
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread