Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-20-2018, 04:41 AM
Kobold

Default Patch server?

Howdy folks,

Haven't had any problems like this, and have been playing consistently now for quite a while.

In Kaesora earlier this evening I noticed that I could talk in chat and do chat commands, but I would lag out while trying to cast spells and combat commands. Logged out and back in, things were fine until zoning out of Kaesora. Got disconnected. Logged back in and got the error,

"Connot login to the everquest server. You may need to re-run the update patch. Repeatedly seeing this message indicates a loss of connectivity to the patch server. This is usually temporary."

Was able to ultimately log in, but couldn't really do anything. /who all commands didn't work, zoning would disconnect me.

Any idea what the heck to do? Fair warning, I'm remarkably dumb when it comes to this kind of stuff.

All help would be appreciated.
Old 05-20-2018, 05:33 AM
Aviak

This is also happening to me

started about the same time as well - half the time I get the error where I have the "wrong spells.txt" or whatever as well

tried a fresh install and still ran into the issue - currently trying on a VM to isolate windows shit as well

final edit before sleep -

took me 4 tries to login on the VM but finally got in and can cast.. interesting
Last edited by bthomsen0312; 05-20-2018 at 05:39 AM..
Old 05-20-2018, 05:04 PM
Kobold

Doesn't seem to be any problems now. Weird. Didn't do anything.

Have ran into a couple other people in game getting the same error message, however, and having some LD issues and bad lag.