Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2018, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Is jordan Peterson "right wing" or something? He seems center-right at most to me
Old 05-28-2018, 03:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is jordan Peterson "right wing" or something? He seems center-right at most to me
He's not, it's a smear campaign by the leftists. He believes people should be more conservative with sexual relationships and that marriage is good for society; he's also against equality of outcome (read: Communism). Oh yeah, he also talks about ancient myth, including religious texts, as a source for wisdom. Aside from that, the only "right wing" thing about him is that he's against the extreme Left, and this triggers the Leftist media to label him as a Right Winger of the "Intellectual Dark Web" (their words.)

Pokesan's attempt to rustle me aside, his shitpost is a fine example of what the Left is doing to smear Peterson. They cherry-pick out of context quotes or themes of his university lectures and then try to paint him as absurd. Recently, they really go after his lectures on symbols (such as in poke's shitpost), especially when he talks about the mythic story structure of order/universe masculine/feminine paradigms set forth by numerous religions and cultural symbols. It's a framework to make the reader ridicule Peterson at the start of the article, based wholly out of the author's own ignorance and/or unwillingness to consider the topic.

I've seen a few articles recently that started off, "I haven't paid attention to Peterson until I read the NY Times hit piece, and now I can tell you this guy is a piece of shit!"

cool bory stro

The (sad!) thing about this is that the left, so desperate to smear him, are attempting to do so through intellectual laziness and willful misrepresentation. They pretend to be incapable of understanding metaphor or the value of symbol, and that Peterson is some crazed lunatic for using Jungian terms. This is a really bad look for people who are supposed to be high quality writers and journalists.

Honestly I am sad to see this poor behavior. It's going to backfire, even if it's written in the NY Times.

may god bless your sorry souls.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:05 PM
Banned

all of which are right wing talking points

im not trying 2 rob u, im trying 2 help u
Old 05-28-2018, 03:08 PM
Banned

If being pro-marriage, anti-communism, respectful of ancient cultures, and also pro equal opportunity is the Right, why would anyone want to be on the Left these days?

the answer, correct me if i'm wrong, is to promote a communist society with no monogamy, oppress he successful, and to burn ancient wisdom.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:23 PM
Banned

There is one core thing he believes in that solidifies him as a a full blown Nazi in the eyes of the left, as it does to anyone in their
eyes. He believes there are biological differences between a male and a female.

Being tollarent if this idea in any form means you are without a doubt a Nazi.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:25 PM
Banned

thanks i forgot that he's a nAzi
Old 05-28-2018, 03:26 PM
Banned

anti-communism is a right wing position in the usual parlance. it's a left wing philosophy. google overton window.

anti-marriage uh i guess dworkin? but that was like 30 years ago. nobody cares about dworkin.

pro equal opportunity generally means pretending a poverty kid has the same chances for success as a rich kid. maths suggest otherwise

alot of these are weasel words. a proper propagandist(marketing) should know better.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:32 PM
Banned

Pearson's political views are often unrelated to his expertise. They come from hanging around upperclass conservatives, not through study or anything.

That's generally speaking. Now some of the most extreme and crappy media feminism and applied acedemic feminism has intruded into his area of expertise, Psychology. So he points out that for all their bitching, women tend to not know themselves very well and they don't realize they really find alpha male traits much more attractive than the beta males that follow modern feminist advice. He also points out simple things like: not all white men have the same amount of privilege.

But the second he departs from psychology, he does a lot of immature demonization of "the left." Often times its just straight FOX news stuff. He's got uppity, establishment republican, white collar values.

What's really sad is how many poor/lower middle people I see so desperate to identify with guys like pearson -- who thinks their garbage and they just have too much cognative dissonance and/or self loathing to admit it.

Get a degree from a top university before your late 20s? no? Trash. Trash person, with trash values from trash parents mucking things up for him and his pristine children. Anything else he says is just virtue signaling -- because that's what he really thinks. The world is a giant competition and he is one of the winners. Most people are losers.

Lots of poor white men identify with Pearson. I hope they understand he does very little identifying with them. Similar to Trump. These relationships go one way. Unfortunately, rightwingers never wake up. They tend to die telling themselves they are richer than they are.
Old 05-28-2018, 03:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wonkie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
anti-communism is a right wing position in the usual parlance. it's a left wing philosophy. google overton window.

anti-marriage uh i guess dworkin? but that was like 30 years ago. nobody cares about dworkin.

pro equal opportunity generally means pretending a poverty kid has the same chances for success as a rich kid. maths suggest otherwise

alot of these are weasel words. a proper propagandist(marketing) should know better.
bad post, we've already established and agreed which points are right-leaning. try again. Let me help you fill in the blank

The left is _______.

(keyword examples: communistic, anti-monogamy, oppressive to the successful, does not value individual merit)
Old 05-28-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned

@JD i honestly think his psychology lectures are what's really the most valuable. I agree he can come off immature on some topics. Sadly, he's less immature than the left platform trying to destroy him currently. The good news is all the publicity is getting his work in the hands of people who desperately need some guidance for self-improvement. (hope this helps you, too!)
Closed Thread