Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > Quest Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Planar Protector

Default Othmir Prexus Totem: Quest Giver Ate Turn In

http://wiki.project1999.com/Saucy_Sa...eadragon_Steak

Faction was apprehensive ( base faction), he responded to quest dialogue and stated

"I'm sorry strange one. That is not sufficient barter" 3 times which either means that it is a MQ able quest so these were the items he was looking for.

However bc my faction is apprehensive I did not get rewarded?

Anyone know the min faction for this quest?

Will try at indifferent later tonight via hide turn in
Last edited by Erati; 03-03-2014 at 08:50 PM..
Old 03-03-2014, 09:13 PM
Project Manager

Faction shouldn't be the issue. Which items did you turn in?
Old 03-03-2014, 09:36 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nilbog: https://www.project1999.com/p99/?Acc...2056&Quest=139

Quote:
Trade Details
Trade 139
ID: 139
NPCID: 117050
NPC Name: Bloogy_Shellcracker
Player ID: 1022056
Player Name: Eratani
Server: Beta
Zone: cobaltscar
Script: Yes
Date: 2014-03-03 19:26:12
Gave
[22813] Sea Dragon Meat (1)
[16498] Fish Eggs (1)
[19113] Saltwater Seaweed (1)
Received

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 03-03-2014, 09:43 PM
Large Bat

I remember this needing 2x seaweed and for some time ppl thought u needed 2 eggs also but I believe that was just 1. I think this can be found archived on Druids grove will post link when I get to PC I have issues linking from my phone.

Ok found archive from 2001 it's 2 seaweed and 2 fisheggs s mentioned but not confirmed in that post. Still plan on linking it later but I see Rogean found similar info
Last edited by Letharos; 03-03-2014 at 09:49 PM.. Reason: Moar info
Old 03-03-2014, 09:44 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From what I can tell the quest calls for 2 fish eggs, so your hand in would have bene incorrect. However our script is also looking for 2 seaweeds as well. I'll leave it up to nilbog to look at.

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Old 03-03-2014, 10:14 PM
Planar Protector

Update:

I turned in a 4th item, a second fish egg as R has mentioned and it did not reward me

so I guess we need someone to confirm what this pesky Othmir is looking for
Old 03-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I can tell the quest calls for 2 fish eggs, so your hand in would have bene incorrect . However our script is also looking for 2 seaweeds as well. I'll leave it up to nilbog to look at.
You missed this part, Erati.

Also, as promised: http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-3927.html
Old 03-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

NPCs accept stacked items now?

I didnt think it allowed you to even put multiple items in a trade window with an npc
Old 03-04-2014, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

I just got the totem on the beta. You need 1 meat, 2 eggs, and 2 seaweed. You cannot stack the eggs, I tried. Basically you are forced to MQ it by turning in the 5 items over two hand ins. Specifically I handed in Egg, Egg, Seaweed, Meat, then handed in a 2nd Seaweed by itself.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Planar Protector

I remember doing this back in Velious and the information even then was spotty about whether it was 2 fish eggs or 1 fish eggs. It certainly didn't help that the item is the plural version of egg, which probably caused most of the confusion about whether or not it required 1 or 2 fish egg[b]s[/s].

I unfortunately can't remember off the top of my head what I had to turn in for my totem.

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/show...r+prexus+totem

Quote:
Turn in the following to the Othmir, Bloggy Shellcracker, in Cobalt Scar.

Fish Eggs
Sea Dragon Meat
Saltwater Seaweed x 2

Thunder Salmon (fished in the Karanas) plus a skinning knife (the one that player-smiths make for tailors), combined in a tacklebox = two fish eggs, two fish scales, returning skinning knife. Not trivial at 92, trivial at 180.

Sea Dragon Meat is dropped by Kelorek`Dar and Faydedar.

Saltwater Seaweed is fished in Ocean of Tears. No drop, can be acquired with skill less than 100.

Got this info from someone in our guild, not positive of the accuracy.
https://web.archive.org/web/20020305...html?quest=960

Quote:
You DEFINITELY need two fish eggs and two seaweeds, though why the quest text doesn't reflect this I just don't know.
Quote:
Just a note regarding faction; You can indeed turn in the items to Bloogy and get the totem back if your faction is "apprehensive." I know; I tried.
Quote:
This quest requires two (2) fish eggs (can be stacked), two (2) saltwater seaweeds, and one (1) sea dragon meat. Possibly water dragon meat as well, but unconfirmed at this time.

I have PERSONALLY completed this quest 3 times in the last 2 hours, I am 100% sure of the ingredients and amounts (I had 3 meat stashed in the bank from various Kelorak'Dar killings, and passed out the totems to guildies).

Saltwater seaweed is a nodrop item fished in Ocean of Tears.

Fish eggs is made by combining a player-made skinning knife with Thunder Salmon in a tackle box. Each salmon produces a stack of 2 eggs. Thunder Salmon are fished in the Karanas. I fished it in West Karana specifically.
Quote:
Actually, this seems to be incorrect, by what I did last night.

I handed Bloogy Shellcracker one item at a time. I handed him one fish eggs and he responded with, "Sorry, strange one, that is not enough to barter with". I handed him a second fish eggs and he responded with, "I'm...erm, not quite sure what to do with this, but....thanks, I guess." Meaning, he only needed 1 fish egg. I then handed him a Saltwater Seaweed, and he responded with the message of not being enough to barter with. I handed him a second Seaweed, and he gave the "I don't know what to do with this" message. Meaning he only needed 1 Seaweed. I then handed in my Saltwater Dragonmeat and obtained a Totem.
Closed Thread