Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2015, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susvain2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Clark" from the p99 forums is not a member of TMO
What are you talking about retard?
Old 05-25-2015, 09:12 PM
Kobold

That Larrikan's mask thread was the funniest thing I've ever read on these forums. I cried.

Did someone actually brag about being the first 53 on the server?
Old 05-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre Dec. 2013: 600 people on server, TMO getting 90% of mobs. Want your epic? Better buy it from TMO for 400k.

Post Dec. 2013: 1600 people on server, every guild getting mobs, Rampage sweeping VP, A-Team has epics!!!.
Correlation is not causation, e.g. Red has tripled in size, velious release announced.

Class R indoubtedly has impacted server numbers. Ill give you that.

Blue: Dolic - 60 Bard / Dolik- 60 Monk / Mazzarin - 60 Wizard / Fael 60 Necro / Kaylen - 60 Paladin
Old 05-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pre Dec. 2013: 600 people on server, TMO getting 90% of mobs. Want your epic? Better buy it from TMO for 400k.

Post Dec. 2013: 1600 people on server, every guild getting mobs, Rampage sweeping VP, A-Team has epics!!!.

Simple as that. Keep deflecting though, like your anger isn't just rooted in the fact that casuals are getting loot and you can't stand it.
You must have missed some of Kunark.... pop was above 1k. Only reason pop is high now is for Velious buzz. Variables man
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default hi!

hi!
Old 05-25-2015, 10:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarti0001 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You must have missed some of Kunark.... pop was above 1k. Only reason pop is high now is for Velious buzz. Variables man
Like I said before, 1k Kunark pre 2013 was short lived. By the time IB RMT'd off the server in 2011, the pop was around 600 and dipped as low as 450 in 2012. (40k fungi tunics, thanks Jeremy, 4k FBSS's)

Server was 1200+ in 2015/mid-late 2014 long before Velious was announced, with Kunark dragging on and on into its 4th year and beyond.

So I'm not sure what you attribute the pop growth to if it wasn't the epic trust-busting.

Little guilds used to suffer unbelievable turnover. Full circle, Asgard, The A Team, Flawless Victory, Acyrid. You can only do so many nights clearing planar trash and getting monks/shamans their epics, and these guilds would bleed members. Some would get geared and move on to TMO, many just quit. I did. Many of my friends did. Today we have over twice as many 'serious' guilds, and they all get mobs. There is more content available to a higher number of people once you get 50+.

But you must have a more plausible explanation for the higher pop, right?

I'll go ahead and quote scripture again:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
10% of the server population causes 90% of the problems. We are all for competition, but it needs to be fair competition. We are also all here for the same thing, to experience classic Everquest. The same guild monopolizing raid content for 2 years that they might not even need anymore is ridiculous, just to block other guilds from the chance of gearing up to take on the same end game content.

I was thinking to myself the other day and I came to ask myself.. Are we providing this server to give people the arena to compete to such bitter extremes that it has resorted to taking every absolute measure to be victorious, or are we here to provide a classic Everquest experience for everyone to enjoy?

A lot of you make fun of it in your own terms, but it really does come down to fighting over very old content.
I mean, Rogean must be crazy right? Things were pretty good before, weren't they? I wonder why they did anything at all.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I mean, Rogean must be crazy right? Things were pretty good before, weren't they? I wonder why they did anything at all.

Thanks Chest
Old 05-25-2015, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

Will you at least acknowledge that it has more to do with class R system than these crazy raid rules that exist now (within class C).

Blue: Dolic - 60 Bard / Dolik- 60 Monk / Mazzarin - 60 Wizard / Fael 60 Necro / Kaylen - 60 Paladin
Old 05-25-2015, 11:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Will you at least acknowledge that it has more to do with class R system than these crazy raid rules that exist now (within class C).
Sure. But I think you guys were pretty happy in class C until a few months ago when it started to fill up.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:17 PM
Fire Giant

Class C has problems. The system as a whole has a lot of problems, but it is undeniable that the prospect of a protected class has been nothing but healthy for the server. Class R has its own problems. A lot of them, but segregating the player populations has been one of the most intelligent and fair moves ever made here.

I, for one, am very grateful to see that the staff has considered the importance of the casual player for the server's health. Addressing the problem maturely and thoughtfully by providing a safe environment for casuals has brought only prosperity.
Closed Thread