Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2016, 04:08 PM
Sarnak

Default Shammy, or cleric. More benefits

If I plan to solo and maybe group a little bit, would rolling a shammy or cleric be more beneficial. I would also like to make a little PP in the higher levels.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:21 PM
Planar Protector

Shaman solos much better, groups nearly as well and duos better. Shaman can make a lot more pp as well.

However, you might want to consider the fact that high end Shaman spells and gear are extremely expensive. In contrast, Clerics can be geared very cheaply and lose little in the way of effectiveness, at least for grouping/leveling purposes. It's also worth noting that a Cleric/Enchanter duo in a combined 10k of gear could do things that a solo Shaman with 500k of gear/spells could not. So if you're poor and not terrible at making friends, Cleric might be a better bet. Otherwise, from the perspective of maximum individual power and versatility, the Shaman is easily superior.
Old 04-15-2016, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

Well I will be playing at least a few hours a night and tons on the weekends. I like the versatility of shammy but I love that cheal and rezzes of cleric lol
Old 04-15-2016, 05:52 PM
Sarnak

Also I've thought about getting a druid up just to make some PP as much solo char. Do people pay for ports Still?
Old 04-15-2016, 07:55 PM
Banned

If you want to solo>group then def go shaman.. and I would recoomend just working on XP for the shaman, not worring about gear until you are at least 49+ and just group while working on your epic.

Try to get that epic as low level as you can, if you can get it when you are level 49... you will have the MOST FUN you have ever had leveling from 49-60 in your life.

On blue you can ask the server for help finishing epic! People tend to be excited to help when ppl do this!

On red, you'll just get in a guild, ask and you shall receive.

A non twinked shaman is tough to solo with that is for sure, but those lower levels 1-49 IMO are best suited for grouping, then when it turns into 10 levels of double hell with 2 tripple hells? thats when you will really want to do the solo grinding.

A cleric is group all the way.. you can duo with a cleric too though.. and at 60 you will be les depressed about the amount of farming you need to do to get your spells.. So they do have that going for them.

youll be invited in to pickup group raids a bit more and youll be able to choose a guild that fits your needs. I would pick whoever is #1 zerg farm guild and gets the most kills.. they will likly want more clerics and be hapy to gear you up so you can support their heavy raiding requirements. But you will not be soloing much at all.

If you go cleric, imo you should make a farm toon as an alt, necro/mage/chanter/shaman(though I think you have to put more into a shaman than youll really get out of it considering you're going to need that 100k torp spell when you hit 60 hehe)

Mage is GREAT for farming green mobs.. best in the world for it.. Just point pet in a direction and press petattack hotkey, turn head watch netflix.

Necro is also good and able to do a little more than mage, but the mage epic pet makes mage just so fucking easy mode EQ.. That said, you wont be getting a mage epic as an alt on blue, so maybe necro is the way to go.

You also could do a druid as your farm alt, they farm ok, they require a lot of attention to do it but they can farm allright (by attention I mean, mana magament, hp managment, spell casts, roots etc.. just YOUR attention, as say a mage is point and click, necro is point and click + 1 or 2 spells)

Hope this helps! All my opinions.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:44 AM
Sarnak

I have a lvl 3 dwarf cleric that so far isn't so bad to play, i also tried up to a lvl 6 druid and it was ok. Haven't even tried shammy yet, lol.
Old 04-16-2016, 12:57 AM
Banned

when you want to try Rogue, try Red [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-16-2016, 10:14 AM
Planar Protector

You'll burn out on a cleric...everyone does [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-17-2016, 03:53 PM
Sarnak

I decided on a Dwarf Cleric, and i played for hours last night. LOVED IT! Thank you everyone, [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread