Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The act of logging on P99 itself is not illegal. However torrenting Titanium certainly is unless MAYBE you have the titanium EQ disks in your possession but I'd wager the vast majority of us do not. P99 itself (the server) is without question not legal and should Daybreak decide to could end it at any moment. They've just agreed to look the other way and allow it to happen.

I don't really give 2 shits about copyright law. I'm just pointing out the absurdity of people saying basically "LOL U PAID FOR EQ WAT A DUMBASS" while they play on essentially a pirated private server. If you don't understand why that's dumb I don't know what to tell you.
Pretty sure having a account on daybreak thats more then 2-3 years old basically proves you bought EQ at some point in time and torrenting it is fine.
Old 07-03-2016, 11:39 AM
Fire Giant

Good god, you are all so dumb for not paying to play Everquest in 2016. Enjoy your hax0red illegal copy of Everquest that you play for free!
Old 07-03-2016, 12:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatelore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good god, you are all so dumb for not paying to play Everquest in 2016. Enjoy your hax0red illegal copy of Everquest that you play for free!
It isn't free bro. It's soul wrenching. It comes with a price, this torrenting...
Old 07-03-2016, 12:46 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcr4990 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Project 1999 is technically an illegal server that DBG allows to exist. Should they decide to they could shut it down instantly.
That's a real good post, and I'm gonna let you you finish in a minute, but you are 100% incorrect on that statement, and I strongly suggest you go do your homework on that subject before someone comes on here and makes you look real dumb.

<3

Sirken's Twitch Stream - www.twitch.tv/sirken_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uthgaard View Post
Accusing me of simultaneous favoritism for two opposing guilds involves a special kind of stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by karsten View Post
going after sirken is like going to a cheerleader convention and punching the only one that bothered to talk to you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean View Post
I've met Sirken IRL.. he ain't jelly of shit

Last edited by Sirken; 07-03-2016 at 12:49 PM..
Old 07-03-2016, 12:57 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty sure having a account on daybreak thats more then 2-3 years old basically proves you bought EQ at some point in time and torrenting it is fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a real good post, and I'm gonna let you you finish in a minute, but you are 100% incorrect on that statement, and I strongly suggest you go do your homework on that subject before someone comes on here and makes you look real dumb.

<3
Sirken , people are constantly coming here to make him look dumb. He seems to enjoy it.
Old 07-03-2016, 01:39 PM
Fire Giant

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Banned

I mean... Nostalrius was a MUCH more successful (Numbers wise) private server than P99 is. Blizzard decided they didn't like it and it disappeared over night. A lot of us witnessed it first hand. How exactly is that any different?
Old 07-03-2016, 04:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
I wasn't saying that just for funsies. If you can't understand why that position is retarded I literally don't even know what to say to you. You're beyond helping.
So you still don't have an argument beyond law=morality then, correct?

You literally believe in divine right.
Old 07-03-2016, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I bought the EQ license several times.

Its my right to download it as many times as I want and produce as many digital copies as I want for my own personal possession.

That is the LAW. Trololol failed another post

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 07-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Large Rat

Blizz shut down Nostalrius..../shrug Yet excaliburwow that has a cash shop is still running strong along with god knows how many other wow private server. If i recall there is a written agreement between p99 and daybreak. But hey. If you like playing EQ live set in early 2000 content with the option to pay2win and content all the way up to current on the way go for it. The best thing for the life span of Phinny was the fact they pushed back the roll out of luclin and PoP to keep the server alive longer then another year.