Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 03:19 PM
Sarnak

Ok, so for tomorrow:
Shady Gobo Spawns
15 seconds to roll
Winner turns in.

Sound good with everyone?
Last edited by Senescant; 02-13-2019 at 03:42 PM..
Old 02-13-2019, 03:23 PM
Aviak

I'm good with that.

But, it's A shady goblin...An angry goblin is the next roadblock.
Old 02-13-2019, 03:43 PM
Sarnak

Fixed, sorry bout that
Old 02-13-2019, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farellron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm ok with a roll, but I also think the terms need to be established before
Clearly you haven't been paying attention.

The staff does NOT just throw down rules. They've never done so in the entire decade-plus history of the project unless they absolutely had to (eg. the raid scene was becoming such a nightmare for them to manage so they tried the class C and R thing). If there is any way for the staff to avoid making a rule, they will do so.

This does not mean Rogean likes dealing with petitions! In fact, he's has said on multiple occasions that he doesn't, and that he prefers to for the players to sort things out. But Rogean takes a "hands off"/laissez faire approach, even though he wants order/sanity, because it's what's best for the server (people who run other failed servers have scared players away by having too many or too biased rules, while Rogean has remained neutral here and the server has thrived).

So, what has to happen for a new rule to be introduced to P99 is one of two things:
  • There must be a CS nightmare for the staff
  • The players must all agree

Before Scout we only had the first option. But then the whole server (or at least the part that cared about Scout) came together, "made up" rules, and enforced them with zero GM influence whatsoever; they only used peer pressure. Amazingly, it worked! The losers who refused to roll were shamed into stopping their clicks, and THEN the staff stepped in and made it so that if future losers tried to click they'd actually get punished for violating a player agreement.

But look, NO ONE here is saying it's fun to have to brow beat a bunch of players into acting like adults. EVERYONE agrees it'd be way easier for the staff to just establish a rule instead. But that's not how things work on P99. If you don't like that, send Rogean a PM about how he should just establish rules for this ... and don't hold your breath waiting for a reply [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If we as the player community want a rule, we have to make it happen, and the only tool we have to do that is communication. Communicating with each other to come up with rules that work for everyone and can't easily be cheated, and communication among the server to let everyone know about the people who refuse to "play nice" and follow to the player agreement (again, until such time as it becomes established and the staff steps in).

TLDR; So in other words, if you say "I won't follow any agreement until it's made official", what you're actually saying is "I will hinder the process of making any agreement official by violating what everyone else has agreed to."

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-13-2019 at 04:11 PM..
Old 02-13-2019, 06:21 PM
Aviak

Where did I say staff has to lay down the rules?

I didn't. So don't try to stand up a strawman to justify showing up after he's been in window for hours and trying to dictate terms to people that have been there from the beginning.

I said we need to propose and vet an idea before we have every Tom, Dick, and Harry trying to come up with something ad hoc while people have already been at the spawn.

That's it.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:37 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senescant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so for tomorrow:
Shady Gobo Spawns
15 seconds to roll
Winner turns in.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senescant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, so for tomorrow:
Shady Gobo Spawns
15 seconds to roll
Winner turns in.

The only clarification I would make is to have everyone huddle on the side of the floor away from the spawn, so its clear if/when someone runs over and turns in.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:05 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSquared [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only clarification I would make is to have everyone huddle on the side of the floor away from the spawn, so its clear if/when someone runs over and turns in.
Sounds good to me.

Quote:
Ok, so for tomorrow:
Everyone assembles away from the spawn
Shady Gobo Spawns
15 seconds to roll
Winner turns in.

Old 02-13-2019, 08:28 PM
Planar Protector

So if 1 person decides they don't want to roll again its back to clickfest? Where is staff?
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-14-2019, 02:40 AM
Sarnak

Mob with varience, Spawns you got 5sec, keep this shit a competition not lemme hear my triggers go off first
Closed Thread