Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2021, 04:23 PM
Large Rat

It's about intention, my friend.
Old 09-23-2021, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by normal [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's about intention, my friend.
Yup. The Dev's intention to remove legacy items is to keep P99 as classic as possible.

The Dev's intention to allow the Sleeper to be awoken is to remove legacy items to keep P99 as classic as possible.

Same intent. The only difference is the Dev's actually give player's control over when to remove the items, rather than the standard fixed date within the patch timeline. I honestly think that is a pretty cool idea, it gives the player's on the server some say as to when we should remove specific legacy items from the drop table.

Now, you may be asking "What right does Seal Team have to decide this for the entire server"? That is simple, they are the best raiding guild on the server. They have spent more time successfully raiding than anyone else, so they certainly do have more of a say in this matter than other players. If you put in the time, you get the benefits.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 09-23-2021 at 04:40 PM..
Old 09-23-2021, 05:59 PM
Banned

Yeah I fundamentally agree with that. Still, why tell people ahead of time your intention is to wake the sleeper as soon as any other guild threatens you? It's just such a demoralizing blow to any other guild. Why not just not tell anyone and then do it when you detect competition is imminent? Seems needlessly hostile. I agree they have every right to wake the sleeper and cut off those legacy warder drops, but why *tell* people that's what they intend to do? This is just a question of the ethics and integrity of the top guild on the server, which itself is a very classic topic to discuss.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah I fundamentally agree with that. Still, why tell people ahead of time your intention is to wake the sleeper as soon as any other guild threatens you? It's just such a demoralizing blow to any other guild. Why not just not tell anyone and then do it when you detect competition is imminent? Seems needlessly hostile. I agree they have every right to wake the sleeper and cut off those legacy warder drops, but why *tell* people that's what they intend to do? This is just a question of the ethics and integrity of the top guild on the server, which itself is a very classic topic to discuss.
In my opinion, I would rather know they are planning on killing Sleeper, and a rough timeline. Then if you really want Warder loot, you know your time is limited. Also, it gives people the opportunity to plan watching the event, or being on the server when it happens.

It is honestly the best strategy for Sleeper. Once a second guild can contest Sleeper, you force the hand of the top guild, because they want to be the ones to wake Sleeper and do the fight. Otherwise, the second guild could catch you off-guard and wake Sleeper instead.

A stealth kill is the worse of the two options in my opinion, because less people get to be a part of the Sleeper event. That would be more "dickish" than the alternative.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooloo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still, why tell people ahead of time your intention is to wake the sleeper as soon as any other guild threatens you?

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-23-2021, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't exactly say that I'm surprised a bunch of dicks like you have a poor grasp of the concept of "dickishness" (dicks aren't exactly known for their self-awareness) ... but denying others at no gain for yourself is still a dick move regardless.
I am not a dick, I am quite a nice person really. If people want to get into ST before the sleeper is awakened, they need to get to it. Blaming Seal Team (or whoever may wake the sleeper) for "denying others" when the "others" are not trying hard enough is dumb at best.
Old 09-23-2021, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yeah I fundamentally agree with that. Still, why tell people ahead of time your intention is to wake the sleeper as soon as any other guild threatens you?
Well that shouldn't even need to be said, it should be the obvious move and quite expected.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:25 PM
Aviak

What if the entire point of P99 is seeing if a community is able to keep the sleeper sleeping? That’s why they tried Blue, Red, now Green. Because there isn’t a single other server that has a sleeping sleeper, right?

In this scenario, Rogbog are basically Willy Wonka and we all have golden tickets.
Old 09-24-2021, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

how many more pages of silkymist vs loramin are we going to get?

is water wet? find out next page!
Old 09-24-2021, 11:58 AM
Sarnak

Loramin should just stick to editing the wiki and crying about nerfing charming because of how he remembers classic.
Closed Thread