Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 07-13-2023, 10:33 AM
Planar Protector

Default Oobnopterbevny Biddilets & pet (max character limit)

I spawned this NPC on live today, I recalled that mcoy had ran into this mob in classic times in his logs.

I found it interesting that back in the day her pet would display as such:
Quote:
[Fri Nov 16 18:58:35 2001] Oobnopterbevny Biddilets p regards you indifferently -- You could probably win this fight.
[Fri Nov 16 18:58:39 2001] Oobnopterbevny Biddilets p tries to hit YOU, but misses!
I don't believe this is a logging issue, I seem to recall a classic screenshot in my archive of the pet displaying just the 'p'.

This is since fixed on live, but it appears the max character display limit was 26 characters in classic (including spaces) else this was a specific bug to just this NPC. Not sure if you can check your database for what other npcs are 26 characters+ and I can dig into if those had display issues.

I have seen screenshots on P99 of characters with titles that are keeping both First & Last name, but in classic a title required removal of your last name, possibly a requirement to keep under the 26 character limit or just a flavor thing.

I noticed on the wiki it says the following:
Quote:
On spawning she will shout to the whole zone in white text, so may not be nearby to you!
Not sure if that is happening on p99 or not, but on live i verified she was not up on track and tried to spawn her, upon spawning it was definitely not a zone-wide shout (simply appeared on track and nothing more), unsure if she says something in a narrow radius (I wasn't near her upon spawning). Mcoy's logs didn't show this either.

Edit: just thought that perhaps character limit may be just for pets? Dunno
Last edited by Rygar; 07-13-2023 at 10:40 AM..
Old 07-13-2023, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

Dont know anything about this npc during classic but can confirm on p99 she does have a zone wide white text shout and is a 1 hour respawn

Oobnopterbevny Biddilets shouts 'What a lovely, disease filled place! Tra-la-la.'
Old 07-13-2023, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont know anything about this npc during classic but can confirm on p99 she does have a zone wide white text shout and is a 1 hour respawn

Oobnopterbevny Biddilets shouts 'What a lovely, disease filled place! Tra-la-la.'
My guess with that shout message Telin / nilbog found evidence this occurs during plague event?