Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

View Poll Results: When should green reset?
As soon as possible 221 63.32%
March 16th 86 24.64%
>4 Months from now 42 12.03%
Voters: 349. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2024, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzdazz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A gentlemen's agreement with the previous company is not a contract.
Believe Rogean has said there's a legal agreement in place that gives them the right to operate under the IP.
Old 03-28-2024, 08:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzdazz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A gentlemen's agreement with the previous company is not a contract.
That doesn't sound true at all. If a company gets bought out they still have to enforce previous contracts they can't just ignore them. Otherwise that's a ludicrously easy get out of jail free card.

We also don't know exactly what they agreed to or how it was agreed upon. At a minimum verbal agreements are still legally binding, and since both sides have stated some kind of agreement happened it's not like Daybreak can just ignore that.

That being said, if a company with lawyers really wanted to harass Rogean I don't know that he would have the will or money to fight back so it all might be moot to begin with.
Old 03-28-2024, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Is this just chatter or are they really gonna reset the server? Personally I would like that. The server has become stale. I missed the poll, but I would have voted "As Soon As Possible"
Old 03-30-2024, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this just chatter or are they really gonna reset the server? Personally I would like that. The server has become stale. I missed the poll, but I would have voted "As Soon As Possible"
You won't know until one of them appears one day to say it's happening. Could be tomorrow, could be next year, could be never.
Old 03-30-2024, 05:29 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You won't know until one of them appears one day to say it's happening. Could be tomorrow, could be next year, could be never.
Uh yeah so in other words its just unsubstantiated rumor.
Old 03-30-2024, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drueric [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a hint. Anything posted not from a dev about server reset/merge/new is rubbish speculation.

Did that clear it up?
Old 03-30-2024, 10:25 AM
Aviak

Quote:

I think we have some really old posts, that the truthers like to pull out. But they're years old, and set nothing in stone. Other then this is the "plan",and it's literally been radio silence since then.

Personally I think the dev has no desire for it, including the work involved with it.
Old 03-30-2024, 10:26 AM
Aviak

Server reset yesterday for me. I deleted all my characters and rolled a wood elf warrior.
Old 03-30-2024, 02:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is a hint. Anything posted not from a dev about server reset/merge/new is rubbish speculation.

Did that clear it up?
I reject your opinion on that. Just an unsubstantiated rumour.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 03-30-2024, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

New green would ruin some people's lives. They'll quit jobs or book extended time off for /list pixels.