Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 10:37 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
4. Not wanting to be KOS everywhere... For us who haven't got multiple 60s/in a raiding guild/mountains of plat to spend/only concerned with velious faction, this actually does matter. Indeed, most won't have a CoS or Jboots.
Just wanted to address this because multiple 60s and being in a raiding guild is not a pre-requisite for dumping all your faction. Having no faction is one of the most freeing things about playing an Iksar.

Faction is not even close to a concern for an iksar necro. As soon as you get Call of Bones you can sell/bank/wander freely in any evil city in skeleton form. They will all love you. If you want, you can level up by killing Oggok guards, sell the loot right back to their merchants, and then bank at the banker in town because they like skeletons that much.

Or killing guards in Freeport, selling the loot to the necro guild under the docks, and then banking in town. All of these options are available to you as an Iksar Necro. The only limitation is that you can't just walk right in places without casting a spell first.

Also, you can bank with feign death at any bank in the game. You also don't need CoS to go invisible... you have the spell to cast whenever you want.

I can't recommend Iksar Necro highly enough. The only reason not to go Iksar is if you really don't like the way Iksar look. And even then you're going to look like a skeleton most of the time anyway.
Old 04-13-2016, 11:02 PM
Banned

having no faction being freeing is damn true.. Its so nice to jsut be like.. will I loose faction if I kill this rando... wait FUCK my faction!

Kill npc

nothing feels better than killing npcs

fuck i love everquest
Old 04-13-2016, 11:17 PM
Sarnak

You all had me at Freedom LOL
Old 04-14-2016, 12:27 AM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2016, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
having no faction being freeing is damn true.. Its so nice to jsut be like.. will I loose faction if I kill this rando... wait FUCK my faction!

Kill npc

nothing feels better than killing npcs

fuck i love everquest
That's how I play my wood elf rogue.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's how I play my wood elf rogue.
Thats even more RP ima do this w. my next character
Old 04-14-2016, 10:54 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malik_Gynax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also, you can bank with feign death at any bank in the game. You also don't need CoS to go invisible... you have the spell to cast whenever you want.
Just as a follow up to this comment... is not being able to get the un-nerfed CoS in the near future a big deal? I've heard a lot of comments about how incredibly vital this item is, but also how less useful the nerfed version is. I don't have any 60s at the moment, and I think by the time I get a high enough level to get a CoS, I'll probably only be able to get the nerfed version. Should this be something I should be concerned with, starting an Iksar Necro?
Old 04-14-2016, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just as a follow up to this comment... is not being able to get the un-nerfed CoS in the near future a big deal? I've heard a lot of comments about how incredibly vital this item is, but also how less useful the nerfed version is. I don't have any 60s at the moment, and I think by the time I get a high enough level to get a CoS, I'll probably only be able to get the nerfed version. Should this be something I should be concerned with, starting an Iksar Necro?
Well, I wouldn't let it concern you if there is nothing you can do about it ^^ The pre-nerfed version is OP because it let's you go damn near anywhere. Aggro? FD, stand, insta-invis and continue on your way. The cast time on the nerfed version just makes it a mana free invis, which is of only minor use.

Overall, the pre-nerf version allows you to do things you couldn't otherwise do, but does not at all diminish the power/versatility of the necromancer class. Don't sweat it.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

To answer the initial question on how hard is it to solo on a bard ... It's shamefully easy. Not even counting swarming (which I stopped in the low 40s), a bard who knows what they are doing can solo in select locations faster than most (if not all) other classes. You could do this naked other than a cheap starter set of instruments.

As I made the push from 55+ to 60 I could either drop 6 blues every 15 minutes (9 minutes of killing 6 waiting) indefinitely or drop 10 every 15 minutes (12 minutes of killing with 3 to med) for 2ish hours before needing to afk for a prolonged time to get back up on mana.

How does this compare to necros? Well at this one camp I never saw any other class keep all 10 down every 15 minutes for a prolonged period, including necromancers.

Necromancers, however, have a MUCH broader range of targets, locations, and styles of solo than bards. For raw speed of leveling, 1-60, nobody beats a bard. Necros are steady all the way up and imo will solo 50-60 faster given their wider ranges of places they can hunt. I lucked out finding my camp open living in Europe more often than not. During US prime time getting the camp would have been much harder. As a bard that meant having to wait for the camp or move elsewhere or play an alt. A necro will have a lot more locations to choose from and therefore probably win the 50-60 stretch.

Both classes are insanely useful. A necro who uses all of their tools is an xp group Demi-God. Bards are arguably more versatile but less "potent" in critical areas like dps. Necros excel as healers and have solid dps (great if charming). Necro cc is mediocre, but it's there. Bards have crappy dps but have good CC while bringing other utility (slows/buffs) to the table. Bard healing potential is often underrated. Starting in the upper 40s when you get Nivs melody of preservation (stacks with hymn of restoration and later with 55 cantana) a bard with a good lute can give 35-45 hp/tick regen to each person in the group. In this regards they can be considered amongst the best healers in the game in a wide range of grouping scenarios.

Both classes are fantastic, and they synergize VERY well with both each other and other classes.

Bard necro shaman +/- rogue or monk is amongst my favorite groups

With monk, let monk tank and pull. With rogue let bard tank and pull. Bard regens more or less covers the healing along with shaman regen. Necro heal to top off as needed or allow shaman to canni harder. Solid melee dps plus necro pet damage and dots.

All around great atypical group that supports each other perfectly.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 04-15-2016, 08:32 AM
Fire Giant

I'm away from the game for the next 4 months (unavoidable) but I wanna continue leveling my necro when I get back.. how widely available / expensive are the prenerf CoS's these days?
Closed Thread