Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2017, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

AFK type camp = Skeletons in Rathe Mts.

As already mentioned, South Karana is good. Lots to choose from with roamers or the gnolls and the centaurs to sell to also. Iirc, the aviak seller guy doesn't like wizards.

Warslik Woods, the giant fort usually has some grouping there.

Froon & Choon in West Karana, are lv30. Provided you dont get resisted, it could be good practice for the bigger targets with long reach.

Unless you have several k plat to unload; just get a few 10 dose SoW potions. Unless you get crazy lucky to kill the AC for the ring. If so, PM me the winning lottery numbers please.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A cheaper alternative to jboots is just buying sow potions. jboots will be like 4 or 5k so you will have 4 to 5 hundred uses of a sow potion in order to break even. jboots are a nice long time goal, but are not required for quadding. Often there will be a sow caster that you can ask, saving a potion.
Given the choice, choose JBoots. Night and Day difference in utility. Save what you'd spend on sow potions and just port to wc to beg for a sow and gate back to your kiting spot.
Last edited by Ravager; 04-11-2017 at 12:33 PM..
Old 04-11-2017, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Jboots are like 6k.-7k.

Sow potions are 20p per hour of SoW, so that value of jboots doesnt surpass sow until after 300 sow potions...

Its probably worth it to grab a few , stretch out the value with pity sows from strangers when you can, until you can solo the AC yourself.
Old 04-11-2017, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by branamil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jboots are like 6k.-7k.

Sow potions are 20p per hour of SoW, so that value of jboots doesnt surpass sow until after 300 sow potions...

Its probably worth it to grab a few , stretch out the value with pity sows from strangers when you can, until you can solo the AC yourself.
6-7k can be farmed from typically uncamped exp mobs while leveling 20-34 so you can buy jboots by the time you are able to kite. I'm just saying, it's not worth it to waste 4-5k on sow pots. They're great to keep one handy for traveling, but quite cumbersome and costly to use for kiting. You gotta remember that you're going to be spending 10 minutes medding between kites. So of the 360 minutes of sow you get, you're only using about 120 minutes of it. You'll probably only be able to do 24 kites with one pot, so you're spending 4-5pp per kite.

And this is all assuming you make the most of every minute of sow. When I leveled my wizard I typically ran one kite every 20 minutes just while I had the game in the background. It's kind of an afk class.
Last edited by Ravager; 04-11-2017 at 05:24 PM..
Closed Thread