Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-12-2020, 11:29 PM
Large Bat

Default EverQuest: Windows - Application Error

every time i try to connect to green server i only get this mesage

"The instruction at 0x101845b4 referenced memory at 0x02aff0ec. The memory could not be read.

click OK to terminate the program"

then it just kicks me off... i have no idea what to do to get this running and im hoping somebody here can help me.

also not sure if this is normal but the screen is really small surronded by black and i can see the windows bar at top with the minimize close option etc.. not sure if it is supposed to be like this but i do remember EQ being fullscreen.
Old 04-13-2020, 12:57 AM
Planar Protector

Have you restarted your computer?
Old 04-13-2020, 01:31 AM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you restarted your computer?

..... well now its works..... i feel stupid i googled the error and thought it was the screen resolution and messed around with that(with no success) until i saw your reply and like magic it works now... well off to have fun thanks!
Old 04-13-2020, 02:51 AM
Sarnak

It's almost always a game resolution issue, which just needs to be fixed by editing the eqclient.ini file if I recall. Lots of threads on it in this section if you search for 'referenced memory' or memory etc but the TL;DR is to change the resolution in eqclient.ini to perhaps your native resolution. The file will have a line like this, control F to find:

WindowedWidth=1920
WindowedHeight=1080
Width=1920
Height=1080

Change yours to your native resolution, if not try 800x600 just to get in the game.

Once you're in game, edit the resolution to your liking and restart the game so it saves and it shouldnt be an issue again. Full Screen usually has errors so try windowed.
Last edited by Daloon; 04-13-2020 at 03:02 AM..