Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-15-2020, 09:07 PM
Large Rat

Default Unable to log into Server

Good evening!

I wanted to make a better/updated posting about my current issue trying to log into the game.

Currently I've downloaded the game via means of discs/IVOs/an all-in one download from a video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj_MMVgJ_Dk

After downloading through whatever means -- I would update it by downloading the v53 current patch over the files in the brand new eq folder.

After doing so -- I would make sure that the server connect was set up for p99 and not SOE servers.

From my perception -- it appears that everything is installing correctly -- but the problem is -- it's not registering my account when I go to log into the game. Anything that may be tampering with this?
Old 04-15-2020, 10:51 PM
Kobold

1. describe how you created an account
2. did you place everquest in a folder directly on c: or in program files?
3. I didn't ever 'install' anything, just ran the 'launch titanium' file directly from a copy of my everquest folder from 6 generations of pc's ago. i saw you referenced installing everquest in a different post.
4. describe what you are actually getting stuck with. include a screenshot if it doesn't give away any account data.
Old 04-15-2020, 11:28 PM
Large Rat

So after bashing my face into the wall several times -- apparently I found out that I was actually installing everything/patching everything -- the problem was apparently happening between account password setups and the login.

Apparently the characters my password was utalizing weren't getting registered correctly on the login page -- after trying other varients and fewer special characters -- the problem was rectified.

how does one close out threads btw? im a bit new to this shindig.