Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

In that case all I can say is this.

I put zero starting points into charisma. I have had no issues doing any enchanter related activities.

(If you plan on charm soloing 24/7 though, you should probably ignore my suggestion.)
Old 05-25-2010, 01:53 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR3151 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
if i rolled an ENC i would drump most into CHA. yes i do know we are talking about ENC, but Thac0 said all casters [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] just commenting.
So you think Mages & Wizards cant benefit from stam? Think carefully now. Remember that they have less use for charisma than an enchanter and will STILL cap out int with pre planes pre kunark gear / loot. Least least you showed you have a basic understanding as to why a necro may find it useful so your not completly ignorant.

Quote:
i seriously doubt i will be attending raids, thus why im speaking about MY perference, ya know.

KM2783 is my RL friend he is an ENC, and yes they get pummeled constantly lol.
Oh i see, your just doing scrub content, so do what ya like. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just so you know, you can get pretty darn close to capping charisma without even hitting planes or god loot but since you know so much im sure you figured that out.

Thanks for letting us know your objectives however so people will see why you made your comments.
Last edited by Thac0; 05-25-2010 at 02:04 PM..
Old 05-25-2010, 02:00 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for all the advices. I think i should pick STA over CHA because CHA doesnt affect mezzes right? Im dont really plan to solo/charm a lot so am i really in need of cha?

And BTW no this is not my first char i will twink him a bit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-25-2010, 02:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thac0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you think Mages & Wizards cant benefit from stam? Think carefully now. Remember that they have less use for charisma than an enchanter and will STILL cap out int with pre planes pre kunark gear / loot. Least least you showed you have a basic understanding as to why a necro may find it useful so your not completly ignorant.

Oh i see, your just doing scrub content, so do what ya like. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just so you know, you can get pretty darn close to capping charisma without even hitting planes or god loot but since you know so much im sure you figured that out.

Thanks for letting us know your objectives however so people will see why you made your comments.
haha im not ignorant, but like i have stated in other threads, everyone has a different play style.

scrub content? haha come on now no reason to go there, i have twin infants that are 3 months old, a smart person tends to their family first. So i play when i can or during the day at work. its been 10 years since i have been on a raid in EQ so i have forgotten how the bosses on raids are fought. so yes my knowledge of raid mobs is limited.

you can just about cap anything with the right combo of gear..etc

yes i stated what my objectives were so no one would fly off the handle and be the typical "you are doing it wrong stupid" comment ha ha
Old 05-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Kobold

How many HP does 1 stamina give you at 50 as an enchanter?

I would think putting points into cha or int and replacing a few spots that would go to int to hp items would be more beneficial. How many sta points would give you equivalent hp to two 5ac 55hp rings?
Old 05-25-2010, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Well cha is supposed to have an effect on mez, memblur and lull spells for chanters but the level of effectiveness is limited at best.

From experience, when I'm in the planes for example (but same could be said for Solb or wherever), when I have to mez a yellow con (or high magic resist mob) usually the mez will be resited unless I tash first. Even after tash, some mobs will resist the mez up to 2-3 times before the mez will land.

During this time you get beat on and you get beat on hard. You will want to have at least 2 (or 3) stuns loaded just to be able to land the mez without getting interrupted (I strongly suggest our quick aoe stun followed by the whirl line for the nice increased duration).

Now everything I just mentioned happens regardless of whether or not I'm wearing my charisma gear (which adds like +60 charisma for me currently, putting me in the 220-230's).

So long story short, if +60 charisma is not helping me out with general every day CC then adding 20 charisma at character creation is a waste of starting points.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Sta is a nice stat for classes where you will max their primary stat with ease (ie, clerics, mages etc) but since chanters have both cha and int, i'd say unless you go high elf (where you get both high cha and int starting) then go for cha.

As a DE enc i put most of mine in cha. It's all about what you will do with the gear you get. Will you max both your cha and your int solely from gear? i don't think so. Once you do get max int / cha, a few pieces of BS jewelry in slots where you had +int items will have your hp above whatever putting ALL your starting points in stam would have got you.

I'm usually all for the people who say sta is a nice stat for every class. But due to chanters having 2 important stats (int for mana, cha for charm, paci, mez?etc) i'd say not in this case since the amount of hp granted for a point of sta won't match the amount you could gain in an item slot not needed for int or cha but just hp / mana etc.

So... go with cha or int, i doubt you'll max both of them just from gear.

I enchant things...
Old 05-25-2010, 02:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrkskog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How many HP does 1 stamina give you at 50 as an enchanter?

I would think putting points into cha or int and replacing a few spots that would go to int to hp items would be more beneficial. How many sta points would give you equivalent hp to two 5ac 55hp rings?
^^ this

Max int on a ring atm is 4? so put 8 points in int and replace rings with 2 55hp rings and you get 110hp and 10ac. 8sta gives ... less than that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I enchant things...
Old 05-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sta is a nice stat for classes where you will max their primary stat with ease (ie, clerics, mages etc) but since chanters have both cha and int, i'd say unless you go high elf (where you get both high cha and int starting) then go for cha.

As a DE enc i put most of mine in cha. It's all about what you will do with the gear you get. Will you max both your cha and your int solely from gear? i don't think so. Once you do get max int / cha, a few pieces of BS jewelry in slots where you had +int items will have your hp above whatever putting ALL your starting points in stam would have got you.

I'm usually all for the people who say sta is a nice stat for every class. But due to chanters having 2 important stats (int for mana, cha for charm, paci, mez?etc) i'd say not in this case since the amount of hp granted for a point of sta won't match the amount you could gain in an item slot not needed for int or cha but just hp / mana etc.

So... go with cha or int, i doubt you'll max both of them just from gear.
You make a very good point about dark elves. And you are correct, in classic you will not be able to max out both charisma and int (well maybe if you have a super rare/unorthodox gear setup that I haven't thought of).

I do still tend to use my charisma and int buffs. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Before you laugh at me, I tend to get dispelled a lot and these are in my junk buff slots)

My point was more that that maxing out int or charisma in classic won't really help you out much on a regular basis. As an enchanter I still get resists regardless of how high my charisma is and I am never above 50% mana so the size of my mana pool isn't doing much for me either.

That's why I stand by armor class and hitpoints.
It's just my play style however and my opinion. Most of the other opinions posted here are also valid and have their merits. Maybe I just get beat on too much and that's why I want more hitpoints [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Some people will always swear by the size of the mana pool, I'm just not one of them. (But I'm also the guy who doesn't care about manastones and therefor doesn't care about being good).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabamf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't care about having a manastone, you don't care about being good.
Last edited by guineapig; 05-25-2010 at 03:01 PM..
Old 05-25-2010, 03:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR3151 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haha im not ignorant, but ....
Im no racist but..

News flash, if you have to say "but" it means you are probably going to say something pretty ignorant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I know your ego got bruised however alot of people are stating the reasons why my statment rings true. You have made your position clear as to why Strength on your Enchanter works for you and ima let you finish, but stamina is the greatest stat of all time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread