Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Aviak

Well... for better or worse, it's a lot harder for me to find groups now.

But, it is what it is.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:44 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnimorph [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On classic at level 10 i was lucky if i'd gotten enough money to buy that robe your guild merchant sells (exactly the same as starting robe but with +1 mana)

I see people here with 80-90 pp by level 10. Simply from knowing what you can sell to players. Silks, DF belts etc. 1pp and 3pp each, this is information i never knew on classic, but know now.
this is true, go to blackburrow, grind from lvl 4 to 6 collect teeth, the warrior GM (i believe) gives you 5gp per tooth and an item, some of the laterns sell for 2-5gpish.

save 25+ teeth, things add up.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AR3151 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this is true, go to blackburrow, grind from lvl 4 to 6 collect teeth, the warrior GM (i believe) gives you 5gp per tooth and an item, some of the laterns sell for 2-5gpish.

save 25+ teeth, things add up.
Woman in the Halas Warrior guild, at The Pit of Doom. I forget her name but she's the only woman there.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:42 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For all the bitching and moaning, I'd like to point out that the server population is exactly the same now as it was before serverwide chat was removed.

No one's quitting, they're just complaining. And that is what online gamers do.
kinda like how people bitched and moaned about global ooc/auction being on. lol...

its not just online gamers, its human nature to complain, get used to it.

ive got to agree with what was said about off peak times... this server is dreadful if you play at weird server hours, cant box, cant group, cant do shit except grind out pathetic exp and be content because you really have no other options.

thankfully i can solo fine so im not too phased. sure i would prefer it be on, but dosent really bother me if its off.

still heaps happy with the server, keep up the awesome work devs!
Old 05-26-2010, 01:00 PM
Kobold

I'm content with OOC and Auction being disabled server-wide but I still think a universal alternative should be met. Channels could easily resolve whining so everyone is happy.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm content with OOC and Auction being disabled server-wide but I still think a universal alternative should be met. Channels could easily resolve whining so everyone is happy.
not everyone was happy in classic / kunark / veilous. Though I'm in a slight agreement. I liked the server wide "Class" channel chats in PoP etc ... but it wasn't class.

Then again, my vision of what "classic" was dead post 2003-4.
Last edited by Kainzo; 05-26-2010 at 02:39 PM..
Old 05-27-2010, 08:30 PM
Orc

I remember having to travel to the zone and then sending out /ooc to find a group (not the other way around). It was just part of the classic.
Old 05-28-2010, 09:02 AM
Aviak

I'm guessing it takes bringing down the server to switch, but wouldn't it be cool if global /ooc /auc turned on/off based upon how many people were logged in?

< 200 = on
>= 200 = off

Impossible, I know, but still. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-28-2010, 05:46 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I'm glad the EC tunnell is finally populated with players, and I agree that if the purpose of the server's existence is to emulate Classic Everquest, then there should be no means for all players across the game world to communicate en masse inside the game.

Having said that, I could really do without the GMs resizing players at the tunnel entrance. That is as equally un-classic as serverwide chat, and kind of annoying for everyone over 11 years of age.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkledu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm glad the EC tunnell is finally populated with players, and I agree that if the purpose of the server's existence is to emulate Classic Everquest, then there should be no means for all players across the game world to communicate en masse inside the game.

Having said that, I could really do without the GMs resizing players at the tunnel entrance. That is as equally un-classic as serverwide chat, and kind of annoying for everyone over 11 years of age.
I think (hope) that that is just a temporary event - perhaps to celebrate the return of EC tunnel? I don't think you'll see that, or the froggies, much longer.