Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2020, 04:21 PM
Kobold

Duoing popular camps and turning away everyone who asks to join is anti-social, but being the guy who asks to join a duo that is obviously able to hold down a camp by themselves is counterproductive. Sometimes you just need to move on to a different area or log out. That's the nature of classic EQ.
Old 01-24-2020, 04:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Keep your head up OP. They were probably from the original Green server as folks like that were few and far between on Teal.
I don't get where this whole Green players were more toxic than Teal players fallacy came from. I barely ran into anyone toxic on Green post-merge. I don't think either had a material difference of more or less toxic players.

If anything, I've seen an increased amount of toxicity on the server post-merge (although not significantly so)...which technically could lead me to argue that Teal players must be the more toxic group.

However, what it really is is that now there's simply more people and more competition than there was before. That results in some people, who might have not been toxic with the lower pop, becoming a bit more toxic than they would otherwise be. It's not this whole one server's pop was more toxic than the other fallacy that you push lol.
Old 01-24-2020, 05:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellyouare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am sharing this to not complain but in hopes of gaining a better understanding to this game and people who are playing.
There is not typical person or personality type here. If people are rude to you or weird, do what you do in real life and move on.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellyouare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i simple asked for knowledge about a waiting list. this is not complaining. at all. ive been looking on the forums for a waiting list term to no avail
So let me get this straight, you did not know how or what a waiting list meant. You saw 2 people and assumed they were lying to you about the group being full which you have zero proof of. Sure you saw 2 people, but that doesn't mean the group isn't full. You have zero proof there weren't people on the waiting list. A lot of times people don't sit within viewing distance of a group while on the waiting list, they go do something nearby or login an alt. Yet you name shame them here because they were snippy with you after badgering them why can't you join the group when they already told you why. FYI, most people I run into in this game are extremely helpful to new players and maybe these guys were asshats, but I am skeptical about that. I suggest not name shaming unless you know all the facts which you state yourself you did not know what "waiting list" meant exactly.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:09 PM
Planar Protector

This is a human problem.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:16 PM
Planar Protector

Play red server to help deal with rude players.

Also teal and green are same people. Please don't divide green into "we used to be teal team" guys and "we are always green guys"

Pixel rot is a real disease, just try to avoid people with it and you will be ok.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Today i met two extremly rude players who instead of having a simple convo decided to name call and ridicule me for being new to the game.

Orge Death Knight Named Draekkon
High Elf Cleric Ephus

I travelled from Qeynos to group in Faydark to gain exp and faction in that area.
Upon arriving i asked if i could join a group.
In Response they told me that there is a waiting list.
Mind you they are in a group of only two people.
That being said there was also no one in sight of the area who would be the 1st in Line.

when i told them i was confused as to why i could not join they proceeded with name calling, telling to get a life and move on. I was not in anyway rude to them at any point during this whole conversation.

It is hard for me to see the Play nice and treat people with respect aspect that this project 1999 is proclaiming on the surface. Is this something i have to expect from participating in this Project from hence forth.

I am brand new to this Eq title and i am just looking for a good gaming experience.

If anyone else runs into these two players please beware!

I am sharing this to not complain but in hopes of gaining a better understanding to this game and people who are playing.
As a new player you should know that people are always going to opt for a competent duo rather than a full group. At the very least most groups will opt to keep the numbers down to as few as possible, to keep the camp locked down and the xp cut minimal. If those people could have solo'd the camp they probably would have. The reason being is that the XP bonus for a full group does little to compensate for the fact that you're splitting the XP six ways. It's a fact of life for EQ, so I suggest next time it happens move on.

The waiting list was probably for the camp itself, assuming there were no other people en route or what have you. They had the in check as a duo, other people wanted to join, or wanted the camp in general so they probably told the people that msg'd them they could have the camp,f or group, solo or duo purposes, when they were done with it.

Furthermore I fail to see how does name dropping lead to a better understanding of the game. Surely their actions were childish and rude but your reaction also comes off as a bit immature. It's a game. Move on and get over it.
Last edited by Xer0; 01-24-2020 at 06:34 PM..
Old 01-24-2020, 06:44 PM
Sarnak

Is it just me or does this have Troll written all over it?
Old 01-24-2020, 06:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
i would like to ask how to sumbit in game as a log to show my conversation and their conversation so that this is transparent claim and inquiry.

should i just take multiple screenshots?
It sounds like they didn't violate rules, so there's no point in making any report to staff. Players are not obligated to invite each other to groups (though most of us do).

They were rude, so you could take screenshots and post them in R&F in order to Name And Shame them. Beware the Internet Tough Guys who will try to paint you as whiny or entitled or something like that.

But as for practical solutions, you can just go somewhere else. Norrath is vast. Also, not every play session results in noticeable progress. If you keep looking, you'll find places to play and people to play with. Personally, I have found meanies to be quite rare. Then again, I already know EQ pretty well. Good luck.

In <Castle>, we have a lot of reasonable and welcoming people. Our guild chat could probably answer a lot of your questions. You can give us a try.
Last edited by Videri; 01-24-2020 at 06:55 PM..
Old 01-24-2020, 07:01 PM
Planar Protector

There’s a program called OBS. Learn it and use it to record your gameplay via replay buffer. It is the most concrete evidence available.

/log will log all the text over a session as well, you can leave this permanently on but can slow gameplay

/note let’s you open an ingame notepad great for notes on assholes and being able to later remind them hey on 1/17/20 you were a douchey toolbag in CB and now I don’t wanna group with you.

/ignore works great too.
Closed Thread