Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-14-2020, 08:17 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Game Freezes with combat.

Played all day Sunday no issue. Computer did a windows update, Graphic card update, and a bios update. Now when I get in game, I can do trade skills, talk to NPC's, get buffs, sit in EC, zone, everything but when someone near me or if I enter combat game freezes. I get no sound nothing just picture freeze cant alt enter nothing. All I can do is alt Esc and have to restart comp. Anyone have any idea what happened do I need to do a full re install of game or did I miss a P99 update?
Last edited by Mystero; 04-14-2020 at 08:20 PM..
Old 04-15-2020, 05:43 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Update. on Green server. It appears its is only happening on my Monk doesn't mater if full screen or windowed. I made a new char no issue logged on my Druid tanked some mobs NP just on monk. Don't see any diff in options on druid or monk in Alt O. Any one able to help?
Last edited by Mystero; 04-15-2020 at 06:05 PM.. Reason: added surver
Old 04-15-2020, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Do you have any combat-related items (hits, misses, spells, etc) going to a separate chat window? If that window is set to an invalid size it can cause a client crash whenever it tries to write to it.

Since you're fine on other characters, you can rename your affected character's ini file (from .ini to anything else) and it will regenerate a new one when you next log them in. If that works then you know you have something incorrectly set. Delete the newly created one, rename the original back to .ini and tweak it.

-Mcoy
Old 04-15-2020, 10:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thank you! I had a miss window shrunk way to small.