Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-31-2011, 04:39 PM
Kobold

Default Error - DLL1

Can't connect. Saying my eq data files are old.

I'm rocking EQChanges13 already.

Not running Norton.

Not running antivirus.

Worked fine yesterday.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Server is also interrupting my download @ 718kb

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[edit] Uninstalling Avast! and rebooting my pc and re-downloading eqchanges13.zip solved my problems. I do not have a solution if you wish to keep Avast! on your computer though.
Last edited by Friday; 08-31-2011 at 06:43 PM..
Old 08-31-2011, 05:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Error Dll 1

yes, the same thing has happened to me, just dinged 11 last night, camped for the night after that, got home from work today and tried to log in and I get the same issue, says I need to reinstall EQchanges.zip, grabbed eqchanges13.zip with my droid cell because my pc download kept messing up for some reason...(server side error?) I don't understand what changed between last night and this evening to make this occur. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:01 PM
Planar Protector

I had no problem downloading eqchanges from their server just now. I hosted it on mediafire if you'd like to try grabbing it from here instead:

http://www.mediafire.com/?608osqg1oufm1gs
Old 08-31-2011, 06:05 PM
Decaying Skeleton

yeah I got the file ok off my phone, but the reinstall did nothing to fix the issue that I have no character on the character screen and my buttons look just like Friday's screenshot.... just not sure what happened and/or how to fix it at this point
Old 08-31-2011, 06:12 PM
Planar Protector

If your PC is not allowing you to download the file from P99 anymore, I'd only have to assume it is because of some sort of anti-virus. Do you run any?

Generally if it detected the dll files as a false positive without you knowing, it's going to clean them automatically any time they are put back onto your PC.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Kobold

I am having the same issue. I've been playing without problems since the patch, but today my antivirus software seems to have suddenly decided that the DLL file is some kind of terrorist. It would not let me download the changes again until I uninstalled Avast! Free Antivirus altogether. Once I did that, I was able to get the download again, and EQ started up normally with all my characters intact.

I don't even know if Avast is a good choice; the friend who built this computer for me several years ago initially recommended it. When I removed it and restarted, my poor computer of course started in on how vulnerable and unprotected it feels without the antivirus stuff, so I tried to reinstall it and to set everything in the EQ directory as an exclusion. Now my computer seems to be in some sort of chicken little-ish panic mode; it's scanning anything and everything on it, and it still doesn't like the DLL file ("wsock32.dll is infected by MSIL:Agent-BA [Trj]").

I hate computers.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:21 PM
Decaying Skeleton

damn so its my avast? im sick of it anyways the updates eat my RAM alive, ill uninstall and see if that fixes, thanks yall
Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Kobold

I reinstalled eqchanges13 and disabled any antivirus (Avast!) I was running.

Still not working.

Nothing changed from last night to today after I got home from school except there was an eqgame.exe error when I loaded everquest and the program crashed.

After the crash I attempted to load it again and it worked just fine. Except now I'm seeing that screen at login.

No antivirus was running when I loaded everquest. I didnt change anything. I'm scanning my computer with malware bytes and AV/Kapern.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:23 PM
Kobold

I got this, just tried to copy/paste the files I downloaded last time back into the EQ floder, and Avast saw the dll as a trojan. Try marking it as a false positive.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Orc

Same problem here.