Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 02:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Erm, you just posted something that shows that between 11/5 and 11/10, Green's population declined by about 75 people and Teal's increased by like 230. Kind of proves my point that the Green decrease vs. Teal increase isn't 1:1. I know we all like P99 here, but Teal isn't randomly drawing hundreds of totally brand new unique people.
Pulling numbers out year ass again, eh!
Old 11-12-2019, 02:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Talking to cd288 is a waste of time.

Earlier I was talking about the 2009 launch of p99 and the population level then. He replied telling me I was wrong, and quoting Brad McQuaid about population numbers from 1999. I kept repeatedly telling him I was talking about 2009, not 1999. He continued. I think he’s under the belief p99 was the start of Everquest and Brad McQuaid was in charge then. Or else he’s not good with reading comprehension. Either way, save your energy folks.
Yeah, ask for proof of this server populationin 1999 from brad and you get crickets.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by korzax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pulling numbers out year ass again, eh!
Commenting without reading the full set of comments again, eh!

Someone posted a screenshot of the EQ emulator numbers. Maybe you should read further before posting.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:22 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't really find it relevant to the specific subject of whether new players on Teal are unique new players or if they are duplicates of Green players since both servers declined on the day (everyone has been arguing within the context of a Teal increase and Green decrease and that the Green decrease and Teal increase shows that people are switching from Green and not boxing on both, so it didn't seem relevant within the specific context of what people have been discussing). But if you'd like to offer why 11/11 should be included, I'm all ears.
BLAH BLAH BLAH. Nothing you wrote makes sense to anybody that isn't already insane.
Old 11-12-2019, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by korzax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
BLAH BLAH BLAH. Nothing you wrote makes sense to anybody that isn't already insane.
You seem intelligent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2019, 02:32 PM
Aviak

Quote:
I didn't really find it relevant to the specific subject of whether new players on Teal are unique new players or if they are duplicates of Green players since both servers declined on the day (everyone has been arguing within the context of a Teal increase and Green decrease and that the Green decrease and Teal increase shows that people are switching from Green and not boxing on both, so it didn't seem relevant within the specific context of what people have been discussing). But if you'd like to offer why 11/11 should be included, I'm all ears.
It is relevant because a day in which both servers lose players is still a data point. You have no idea whether or not Green actually had 43 players choose not to play on 11/11 vesus 11/10, or had 23 players choose not to play and 20 players to switch to Teal (which had 56 players from 11/10 choose not to play in this scenario, instead of 36 in the non-switching scenario). Trying to understand which is which involves a bunch of other assumptions. For instance, if the player base of Teal is slightly more casual and fled Green to find spawns, maybe they'll have a bigger drop off between a weekend and a workday than Green will. Or maybe the reverse is true, and a bunch of casuals ditched Teal and the drop off was not as bad as it could have been because a bunch of green boxers showed up. Trying to draw a conclusion from a single interval is folly.

The average population for Green for the 5 days preceeding the split was 2272. The average combined population from 11/3 onwards is 2478. This is an increase of 200, if we say half were waiting for things to die down, then that's about 100 instances of boxing, but up to 200 if all the extra pop is boxing. If instead of 11/3 (which will double count people who started on Green that day and switched to Teal later), we start on 11/4, it's 2408. So it'd be a total increase of 130. Again how you break that down to boxing/not-boxing depends on if you think it compelling that people were waiting to play or not.

But for the boxing count to be over 200 (i.e. about 1/5 of teal), you'd start having to assume that a bunch of people are also fleeing the two servers. We wont know that until the Admins start releasing more specific stats.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:53 PM
Orc

For what it's worth, I only started playing because of the split.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:59 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For what it's worth, I only started playing because of the split.
I know like four people currently playing P99, and two of them did the same. Just an anecdote, but these people absolutely exist.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 11-12-2019, 06:21 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegnorP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know like four people currently playing P99, and two of them did the same. Just an anecdote, but these people absolutely exist.
Absolutely. Friends with low playtime didn't join because zero mobs. Now they are playing. Happy to see them playing again after 19 years!
Old 11-12-2019, 09:23 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by bum3 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Absolutely. Friends with low playtime didn't join because zero mobs. Now they are playing. Happy to see them playing again after 19 years!
I moved from leveling slowly on blue to leveling slowly on teal when it opened. Green was insane and I was spending more time running around looking for mobs than fighting. Teal has been awesome.
Closed Thread