Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Aviak

Default Faction, Clerics, and Teal...

I've been noticing an increasing problem on teal and would like some clarification on the matter. We (34+ melee) have a huge issue getting clerics to come group in Sola to kill gnomes, and HHK guards because they are worried they will tank their almighty Gnome faction in ak'anon. So my question is, If a cleric is NOT a gnome, what are they losing out on by killing gnomes in Sol a, and Guards in HHK? I just dont see the point of stifling 90% of melee in their mid levels because you don't want to tank faction in a city you'll never visit? Unless there is some other reason. Please, HELP ME UNDERSTAND!
Old 11-11-2019, 06:24 PM
Sarnak

Why can't you group where they are? Lots of people prefer to get exp where they also get upgrades.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillosopher27 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just dont see the point of stifling 90% of melee in their mid levels because you don't want to tank faction in a city you'll never visit?
Damn entitled millennial melee. You're the reason people voted for Trump. Why don't they make good music anymore these days? In my day we didn't have wizard spires sending us to the moon; we had to run from Qeynos to Freeport, blind, with no SOW, both ways.
Old 11-11-2019, 06:34 PM
Aviak

Ak'anon is actually the best city in the game and you should feel bad for killing gnomes
Old 11-11-2019, 07:16 PM
Planar Protector

Ak'anon is an awful place, don't see why anyone would care about faction there lol
Old 11-11-2019, 07:21 PM
Kobold

If the cleric is in fact a gnome, tanking gnome faction ruins tinkering convenience.. ( maybe entirely? I forget all the vendors )
Otherwise if not a gnome, it's personal preference, likely due to a shorter run for spells.

Hhk guards will tank efp and wfp guard faction as well as some in qeynos.
This means that since clerics don't get invis, doing anything in FP and parts qeynos becomes a life or death mission.

Go to cazic Thule instead.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:31 PM
Planar Protector

Killing those gnomes also lowers Kaladim rogue guild faction which can cause problems for people who want to hang around the bank or go to the areas deeper in like the paladin/cleric guild.

Danth
Old 11-11-2019, 07:39 PM
Planar Protector

I understand wanting to preserve factions if you're an enchanter particularly, but there's no shortage of places to bank in EQ.

These gnomes need more evil race time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-11-2019, 07:51 PM
Aviak

I hate destroying factions, even utterly useless ones. Just feels bad to hurt the good guys.

Blue Server
Aegnor Eldruin - 60 High Elf Wizard <Dial a Port>
Vizeryn_D'Raethe - 60 Erudite Paladin
Formerly of <Azure Guard>
Old 11-11-2019, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

It's just a case of what if-ism. It's not that anyone believes that Ak'Anon faction will be relevant later, they are just worried that it might...or that an NPC on that faction might be placed randomly around the world and catch them unaware. It's the fear of the unknown.
Closed Thread