Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 04-16-2022, 11:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Other guild got a couple keys out of the 30 plus they have by questionable means. Welp guess that means we have to wake sleeper and fuck the whole server over.
Well adjusted individuals.

Its comical you are even trying to explain your position rationally like anybody in here is going to agree with your perspective. You want exclusivity, period. Just be honest about it, there's no reason trying to spin it as kingdom is the bad guy, anybody with even 20% of a brain sees right through it. And stop trying to act like you wouldn't have woken it if Kingdom had gotten all their keys 100% legit. You were waking it soon as they had a warder kill force regardless of their method of obtaining keys.

The top guilds on p99 generally almost always house the most hardcore career everquest players whose lives completely revolve around p99. Their top priority from the time they create their character is to obtain items that nobody else can get. It validates the amount of time they pour into this virtual world. If some casual with 20% raid attendance in a 2nd or 3rd place guild gets that same exclusive loot, it hurts their ego and diminishes their accomplishments. That's why it was woken.
Qft
Old 04-16-2022, 11:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phraxas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not accurate at all, the whole server would not, nor will ever see Sleepers Tomb. So no, the entire server didn’t get fucked over.

Painting kingdom to be the bad guy? Again, big nope! there, just questioning their leaders reason to avoid competing for keys for 7 months.

Career EverQuest players? Nope sorry been promoted twice in my job, keep a 30-40% RA in Seal Team and I’m doing pretty fucking good for myself Loot wise. So that’s 3 strikes…

Nothing accurate about this post
You’re relatively new here so let’s talk once you realize how accurate it actually is lol
Old 04-16-2022, 11:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You’re relatively new here so let’s talk once you realize how accurate it actually is lol
Might be accurate for your top 10% which in the case of blue and green your talking 1200-1500 or 120-150 players. But that’s any MMO, not just P99… so no, his statements are not accurate as I stated before
Old 04-17-2022, 04:26 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is such a silly statement. Why do you think this? I am curious as to why you have this victim mentality, where you assume all of the bigger guilds are simply out to get you. Why is other people playing the game normally a crime against you?
Lol its not silly at all but whatever. What victim mentality? I don't think they are out to get ME in particular. We are talking about 1 guild making the decision to remove content for the rest of the players on server. Also, what do you mean ALL of the bigger guilds? It's just 1 guild in question at the moment. As far as playing the game "normally", I think that's a matter of perspective. It certainly doesn't have to be the normal mind set but it ends up always being the case for the reasons I've already stated.

These types of players cannot simply finish the progression of their character and move on, they have to maintain their exclusiveness forever, their names on a list on a wiki page as being the only ones to have xx item or some stupid shit just to feed their e-ego. Who do you think goes on the wiki page and edits the names in on the list of players with Shroud of Longevity? Someone in Castle? Nah.. they are doing it, Lmao. Its an ego thing mate, plain and simple.
Old 04-17-2022, 05:08 AM
Planar Protector

Tbh even after years I still haven’t got a ST key on blue, let alone green, so i’ve decided this really doesn’t matter to me.

Maybe on green 3.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 04-17-2022, 08:26 AM
Banned

The only people this "fucks over" are people who maybe already have everything else in the game except.. a gnome mask and a robe, I guess? I can understand being mad if you're in that tiny minority of players but most well-adjusted people dgaf.
Old 04-17-2022, 11:00 AM
Skeleton

"Maybe this time the Sleeper won't be woken up almost immediately like literally every single other EverQuest server since 2001" - smart guys that definitely understand the game they are playing.
Old 04-17-2022, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delekhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So for the next P99 server, I would recommend the top guilds compete for keys immediately and hope parity of keying takes place and dramatically increases the number of players desiring Warder loot. Maintain good relations proactively and arrive at a rotation agreement as quickly as possible and find a way to keep the hardcore players content. Avoid competitive ST so that socking is side-stepped because that will only lead to waking.
Pretty much this is what I wanted for Green in the early days. The C/R/FFA days on Blue were the Golden Era of raiding for casuals. Things could have ended up better if the staff had implemented and enforced it slightly differently, but alas hindsight.

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 04-17-2022, 02:33 PM
Large Bat

Wakey wakey
Old 04-17-2022, 03:25 PM
Aviak

Maybe next time don't join a UN during classic and Kunark. If you guys would have actually tried during these expansions instead of just taking welfare pixels one weekend a month, maybe you would have been able to learn how to be competent and actually compete for ST keys when Velious arrived.

By joining the UN, you guys allowed your leadership who never really cared to compete stay in leadership roles. Rather than having social pressures mount on them to step down to lesser roles as losses piled up, you guys continued to just soak up the soup kitchen pixels until it was too late.

This should be a lesson to those who are upset or were actually in these guilds. Don't allow the same leadership to guide you next time, and don't join a UN until sleeper is woke. You guys dug your own grave by allowing leaders who were more concerned about their blue guilds than actually running a competent guild.

Lastly, claiming Seal Team was scared of competition is LAUGHABLE. You guys mailed it in DURING CLASSIC and you stuck by it until the game was practically over.

Grats Seal Team on winning Green. Everyone else has a few years to think about their mistakes before p99 yellow.