Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tewaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Randy slope banned? News at 5.
so glad you said this, he has been on my ignore for awhile.

I would have never even known.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

One of the qualities that characterized Uuthgard's actions and speech during his tenor here was intolerance. He was intolerant of BS from players, perhaps to othe point of being a little TOO intolerant at times. At least, I thought that he could have improved on his delivery on a few occasions.

One can easily see this aspect of his character in his resignation. He simply won't put up with what he judges to be BS. It is his right to act in this manner, be it "right" or "wrong". I wish him good luck in future endeavors. I would also, as one human to another, advise him to know himself. If unchecked, I can see how this aspect of his character, which is in some scenarios a great strength, could also be detrimental to his own trek through this world in other scenarios.
Last edited by mwatt; 09-02-2011 at 06:17 PM.. Reason: edited for spelling - sigh
Old 09-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

I hated Uthgaard at first, but after awhile he grew on me. A lot. Pretty disappointed he left, even though I don't play on P99 anymore. Was there any sort of official announcement? This thread is the first I've heard of it.

lol wut
Old 09-02-2011, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

I dont know the guy all that well, but my personal observation is this:

Thankless jobs turn people bitter, especially when that thankless job is combined with self entitled assholes.

My observation is that he loved EQ, and loved this server - but the populous drove him to insane so he threw in the towel.

Maybe I'm wrong, but either way - thanks for all you did for us Uthgaard.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:38 PM
Aviak

Uthgaard,

Even though I never met you, I'm gonna miss you. This server would not be what it is today without all you have done.

As a noobie to P99 I recall being shocked and disturbed by how easily you would ban accounts. I was afraid to /petition for fear of the ban on many occasions. Soon I realized that there were asshats and trolls on these forums and on the server. It was these people that you focused all your hate and disgust towards. I was surprised they had the patience to even play this game, but your bans did away with what few remained. Thank you for caring enough to be the "bad guy" and kick these people. It made it all the more awesome that you seemed to enjoy it so much!

I'm going to miss your server-wide messages the most. I have never laughed so hard hearing only one side of a conversation. Thank you for that.

The cheaters and fuckwads that dared leeched on the life of this server cowered in fear of your ban hammer and you should be proud of that. No other GM in all of gaming history has ever struck terror in the hearts of trolls and asshats like you could. These 365 cheaters were just too dumb to realize that in the end, Uthgaard always wins. I was surprised that you showed them ANY kind of mercy. You are the God of Judgement and your weapon is the Grand Ban Hammer.

Although you have gone, your legend lives on. Someday you will return and ban all the motherfuckers that dared to cross you. In your mind, they are already banned...

Scram Jet Air "Because only poor people take the boat."
My Projects: UI, Sound, Music, Character Textures, Trailer
Old 09-02-2011, 07:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xevin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was surprised that you showed them ANY kind of mercy.
He wouldn't have, had the choice been only his to make. Sad to see you go Uthgaard, after all your hard work. You were mean but you were clean <3
Old 09-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Sarnak

So sorry that it came to this Uth, always thought you were an awesome GM and a good guy. Sucks that cheaters made you think there was no integrity left, you will most definitely be missed bro. Good luck in wherever life takes you.

Jjlent - 60 Monk
Blane - 57 Necro
Old 09-03-2011, 01:26 AM
Orc

As much as i didn't agree with some of Uthgaard's decisions i respect him for all he has done. He will be missed. He helped bring this server to where it is and would love to have him bring it to the next level. Consider coming back after you take a break from all the Bullshit. Sometimes it is best to step back for a moment to collect yourself.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Skeleton

best GM i ever met in this game... and that includes 10 years of eqlive.

I liked that he had a bit of attitude, it meant you didnt ask for too many too stupid things, but once there was a real issue he was right there and fixed it fast.

I was disappointed that the 365 players that cheated and got caught didnt get banned right away, but if you have the tools to take em down so easy, then they ll think twice before doing it again... and isnt that what policing is about ? preventing crime.

Take care out there, you ll be missed on this server, no disrespect to the current staff.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:53 AM
Sarnak

I've never talked to him but he seemed to be a very useful part of the team. Sorry that he left.
Closed Thread