Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Mid-level Grouping

This may need to go in the rants/flames section, but we'll leave that up to the mods.

I played EQ from 1999-2004, in which I cleared VP, ToV, SS, awakened the Sleeper, VT, Planes, etc. Now, I'm a level 30 rogue that has little to no chance to get a group, since there are level 21 rogues running around with their epic.

So, for those of you that have some sort of empathy, where exactly should I go, since Mistmoore isn't cutting it?
Old 09-11-2014, 07:45 AM
Aviak

I'm level 40 at the moment and haven't seen this rogue epic discrimination people talk about, every group just grabs whatever is available at the time as far as I've seen.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Planar Protector

I didn't get my rogue epic til 52 (last winter sometime) and quested it myself and had some help from my guild for the final fight (and the Steamfont part). I'd argue then though that there were less MQers than there are now.

You don't need it til the later levels...I had a few comments in CoM about not having it, and nobody really complained in KC, but when you get to Sebilis people will start to get shitty about it because the min max crowd all seem to hate leveling by then and a slow camp clear rate irritates them.

Til then, if you've got 5k or so... grab a Rapier of Oriin, and a 0.5 ratio off hander (Jade Mace, Blood Point, etc) and your dps won't be bad at all.

How far along are you with your epic? Have you done the Neriak/Kaladim letter stealing parts yet? Skillup your pickpocketing for those to minimize frustration, and screenshot/post here the MQers who give no shits about jumping in ahead of you when the mobs repop [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Swish; 09-11-2014 at 07:54 AM..
Old 09-11-2014, 09:44 AM
Planar Protector

The reason you can't get a group isn't because you don't have your epic, it's because Mistmoore is overcrowded and constantly full during prime time. Either play more during off hours when there's more room in Mistmoore, or head to another zone of a similar level like Solusek A or Unrest basement. You'll probably need to be proactive about finding people to go there with you to form a group, rather than heading over and expecting there to be a group already there.
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Old 09-11-2014, 10:38 AM
Planar Protector

I kind of doubt that you aren't getting groups because of not having an epic. I have a rogue who is currently 43. I have played it on and off for several months maybe a year. In all the times I have ooced lfg as a rogue only about 3 times has someone ever asked if I had an epic. Even though I have had it since lvl 7 I always ask, "Does it matter?" Only once did someone ever care. A rogue is good dps even without an epic.

If a group needs dps and doesn't pick up a rogue they are stupid.
Some other toons
Formerly of TZ
Old 09-11-2014, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

If people are keeping you out of groups at level 30 because you don't have your epic, you didn't want to group with them anyway. I have grouped with a lot of level 25-30 rogues in MM over the last week I've had my warrior parked there. Some have their epics, but most don't. They always give me a hard time on aggro either way. I'll take a rogue in my group any day.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

You really gotta shake off the illusion of 'I don't have an epic so nobody will invite me to a group'. Maybe it happened once or twice to you, but it is certainly not the norm and it certainly shouldn't be preventing you from getting groups on a regular basis.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:41 AM
Fire Giant

The low to mid level range here is kinda funny. A lot of high levels will come by and buff the bejeezus out of everyone or pull giant trains and give your group a random plvl. Although on one hand its awfully nice of them to go out of the way to help but on the other hand it kinda waters down the experience of low level grouping.
People carry forth that same attitude when they just want to grab super melee twinks so they can sit back and ride to free exp.
Slow down and enjoy the game like it was meant to be. Low level grouping can be fun and challenging.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:38 PM
Aviak

Heard the other day in Kurns, as some 60 was pulling the entire zone to PL his friends:

"High levels are so bored of the game that they come PL people in low level zones to make the game boring for everyone else too."

Don't think that high levels helping you are doing you a favour... they are not... they are trying to ruin the game for you and make it boring and no fun.

There is nothing exciting or interesting or fun about having someone else do all the work for you.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by forensic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Heard the other day in Kurns, as some 60 was pulling the entire zone to PL his friends:

"High levels are so bored of the game that they come PL people in low level zones to make the game boring for everyone else too."

Don't think that high levels helping you are doing you a favour... they are not... they are trying to ruin the game for you and make it boring and no fun.

There is nothing exciting or interesting or fun about having someone else do all the work for you.
You're right, people who help lowbies level faster are doing it with malicious intent and no one ever enjoys the experience of a higher level person helping them EXP!
Need a port or a rez? Hit me up on IRC!
Closed Thread