Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, what I've divined from this conversation is that I shouldn't swing by Orc 1 and DS/Regen folks. Also, I'm a scumbag for having a level 40 epic rogue. I have not once ever had anyone ask me, when playing my rogue, if I had an epic before joining a group. I have, however, had plenty of people rib me over having one once I've joined.

Probably also a scumbag for other reasons.
You also haven't had a level 52 rogue without an epic though, where the real hate starts and people suddenly have to go when you arrive because "kid woke up", "wife came home", "house fell down", "cat died" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

People who don't want help shouldn't be at orc 1 anyway, it's probably the camp with the most outside help on the box.
Old 09-11-2014, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

By the time you hit lvl 50 on P99 you are jaded min maxing basement dweller, happens to the best of us.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Sarnak

I have a 49 rogue without epic and have never been refused a group.
Old 09-13-2014, 04:39 AM
Sarnak

There was an awesome dude who streams a newbie night and was in Kurns the other night pulling a bunch of skeletons and letting newbs wack on them once and then DS killing them since he has a 46 point DS as a bard. My entire group was grateful and we really had a good time when he came to us and announced that we are heroes and needed to save him. None of us complained that he was ruining the game for us, and we were all generally happy. He also did it the right amount of times which was twice.

If he had been doing it all night then maybe we would have had some issues and others would have been angry about it. This is the kind of shit though that makes EQ awesome, not the shit that makes it boring. If you're bored because a level 60 came along and buffed/helped you/gave you a handy then you're playing the game way wrong.
Closed Thread