Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 09:07 AM
Planar Protector

Stun immunity is overstated by this community. An iksar or Troll are great options as well due to regen. Iksar I don't think you lose too terribly much without JBB. Especially in Velious when some mobs are cold immune.

Mobs bash how often when slowed? Like every 30 seconds? Meh not a big deal. Just time your spells a bit better.

There won't be any single mob or camp that an ogre can do that a troll or iksar cannot.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the fact that pets cant hold aggro at all tho is not classic

if i remember correctly it was implemented to combat alot of raid strategies that were borderline exploiting

This is right. Pet aggro used to be insane on classic. This is why they eventually put in a command to turn off pet taunt. Its off here quite a bit.

Come to think of it (I may be wrong) but i don't remember the earth pet procing outside of melee range like they do here, either.
Old 09-12-2014, 02:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Anyone have any comments on the topic of Shaman race
hahah maybe. Just wait.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanbunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay, I am considering leveling a Shaman instead of a Necromancer / Cleric then. Since my sisters main is already a Cleric and I already have a Druid, I guess Shaman it is. Thanks so much for the info guys. It is greatly appreciated.

Also, I want to make an Iksar Shaman. Is there any problems with him being an Iksar? I have heard before people say that Iksar's cant use the special bracer in Velious that nukes mobs to help solo.

Is that going to be a major problem or is it okay that I play an Iksar and can Iksar's solo pretty good in Velious even without that bracer?
Good ideas. I personally have played max level Ogre Shaman and max level Iksar Shaman. Hands down prefer the Ogre with frontal stun immunity, slam to interrupt spells, and best of all Jaundiced Bone Bracer.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good ideas. I personally have played max level Ogre Shaman and max level Iksar Shaman. Hands down prefer the Ogre with frontal stun immunity, slam to interrupt spells, and best of all Jaundiced Bone Bracer.
I went with barb becuse I was like, aint nobody gona tell me wut to do!

I get stunned a lot...

I don't think that its a game ending min max though.. however I know it would be a lot easier to stand in a corner spamming jbb as an ogre than as a barb [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

in other words.. Im jelly of ogre sham a little bit. But i still <3 my barb

Also I saw a troll in full plate as a 60 shaman and he looked hot.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:48 PM
Orc

Regardless of the JBB, Frontal Stun Immunity, Slam and all that good stuff, I decided to roll Iksar.

I don't know why, but as much as I miss Slam the most out of those listed, I always value RP over min/maxing in my RPG's. It is quite sad, but it is a decision that had to be made. I hope I don't get too much hate for that.

I have heard mixed stories about going +25 Sta / +5 Wis or +25 Wis / +5 Sta. So I decided to just cut it down the middle +15 Sta / +15 Wis. I figured at level 60 with Velious around the corner, I would be maxing Wisdom so I think I'd rather have 30 extra HP to Cannibalize with rather than have wasted Wis stuck at the cap. I also heard from many that starting stats don't make a huge difference either way. I could put 25 points into CHA for the lulz and still be a pretty good Shaman.

Thanks for all the input guys. Any extra comments are welcome. Thanks for reading guys. Have a great evening.
Old 09-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanbunny [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is quite sad, but it is a decision that had to be made. I hope I don't get too much hate for that.
I personally will hate you forever with a burning, seething hatred. From hell's heart, I spit at thee.
Old 09-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadetree [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally will hate you forever with a burning, seething hatred. From hell's heart, I spit at thee.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread