Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 10-01-2022, 12:05 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yeah that is the new thing, I think it's an extension of this same technological progress, like a reverse version of what we're looking at above, telling the computer to now try to draw a dog, based off of all the way's its seen dogs.

The thing I think is funny about AI is like, instead of using it to solve problems with our economy, or like to help poor people navigate beuocracy and the legal system, and medicine.

We used it to replace poets first.
There is something especially ugly about that. My guess its too hard to interpret human problems, compared to just copying what an artist does

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 10-01-2022, 12:09 AM
Planar Protector

Actually afaik all that stuff would be way easier, than reaching into the human soul and creating the one thing that we thought set us apart from animals, let alone machine.

I do have a feeling that automated driving will never be a thing, unless society can accept a few kids getting hit by something going 150 MPH as a fair exchange for 35k other auto related deaths a year.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Actually afaik all that stuff would be way easier, than reaching into the human soul and creating the one thing that we thought set us apart from animals, let alone machine.

I do have a feeling that automated driving will never be a thing, unless society can accept a few kids getting hit by something going 150 MPH as a fair exchange for 35k other auto related deaths a year.
I kinda still view it as the machine just copying other artists if we just feed it pictures of art. I wonder why they didn't feed the machine with postmodern art, lol.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/03/tech/...rsy/index.html

Im not sure an AI all by itself could ever come up with something as beautiful as michalangleo's peita.

How does the machine know who to run over? The Granny on the sidewalk and kill the "driver" or the kid running across the street?

Not a min maxer, don't care about it
Old 10-01-2022, 02:55 AM
Planar Protector

the question I have is are we just copying art we're fed as children.

Quote:
How does the machine know who to run over? The Granny on the sidewalk and kill the "driver" or the kid running across the street?
Old 10-01-2022, 07:12 AM
Banned

Quote:

I like the cut of that kid's jib
Old 10-01-2022, 10:08 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

my solution is move the little black lady doll over to the multiethnic side so they are all equal and then let the trolly hit them all
Old 10-01-2022, 04:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rethalis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kinda still view it as the machine just copying other artists if we just feed it pictures of art. I wonder why they didn't feed the machine with postmodern art, lol.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/03/tech/...rsy/index.html

Im not sure an AI all by itself could ever come up with something as beautiful as michalangleo's peita.

cool video on how sight works

Old 10-03-2022, 08:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
cool video on how sight works

Old 10-03-2022, 11:44 AM
Planar Protector

The greatest painters in the world are glorified hewlett packard printers.

lol I love the part when the friend borrows the camera and was frustrated with his results cus he had to still work hard at it and so he invented the camera to make it even easier.

Thats satan for ya right there.

Now we all have hewlett packard printers.
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-03-2022 at 11:49 AM..
Old 10-03-2022, 05:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
The greatest painters in the world are glorified hewlett packard printers.

lol I love the part when the friend borrows the camera and was frustrated with his results cus he had to still work hard at it and so he invented the camera to make it even easier.

Thats satan for ya right there.

Now we all have hewlett packard printers.
When you start to understand how light actually works (quantum stuff) and can do really wacky experiments with it. The real abyss opens up.

Our minds are not meant for this. And whoever dumbed us down or lifted us up against G-ds will most likely is definitely Satan depending on your perspectives.