Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Banned

However level range be factored in to be as important, if not more, than mr.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:26 AM
Sarnak

If i stack MR gear on my melee, my hp sucks, my str sucks. If i get rooted 1 out of 10 casts, then it just means the caster has to kite me around longer until he can finally get it to stick. Most of the time i will get tash'd or malo'd at the start also, which means your MR will not be above 100 if your solo. So maybe roots land maybe 1 out of 5. With the way the system works, as long as your not rooted, its easy to avoid melee. Which means casters can kite melee around all day long until they get a root to land. I beleive if I have best in slot resists for my class, I should be able to make myself immune to root. Maybe that is the single point that needs to be debated. Should a person be able to equip enough MR to make himself immune to root/snare. My opinion is yes.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If i stack MR gear on my melee, my hp sucks, my str sucks. If i get rooted 1 out of 10 casts, then it just means the caster has to kite me around longer until he can finally get it to stick. Most of the time i will get tash'd or malo'd at the start also, which means your MR will not be above 100 if your solo. So maybe roots land maybe 1 out of 5. With the way the system works, as long as your not rooted, its easy to avoid melee. Which means casters can kite melee around all day long until they get a root to land. I beleive if I have best in slot resists for my class, I should be able to make myself immune to root. Maybe that is the single point that needs to be debated. Should a person be able to equip enough MR to make himself immune to root/snare. My opinion is yes.
Okay so u r fighting a chanter. Pop crim pot, you'll still resist most his nukes and he can't interrupt u so pumice root. You guys are talking like mr is the deciding factor in pvp. Put jboots on a melee vs a caster without and it's Gg
Old 09-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay so u r fighting a chanter. Pop crim pot, you'll still resist most his nukes and he can't interrupt u so pumice root. You guys are talking like mr is the deciding factor in pvp. Put jboots on a melee vs a caster without and it's Gg
If people whine about root, i just mark their name down, so when i get higher, they are an easy kill, because they obviously don't know how to PvP.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then it just means the caster has to kite me around longer until he can finally get it to stick.... With the way the system works, as long as your not rooted, its easy to avoid melee. Which means casters can kite melee around all day long until they get a root to land.
So what you're saying is without root melees can't damage anyone.

So if you get what you want and everyone is immune to root melees won't be able to damage anyone. Sounds worse for you...
Old 09-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Banned

Who is tyko in game and what class is he?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:56 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Do you think you are currently well balanced 1v1 with the casters on the server?

How do you feel that balance would be if you could make yourself immune to CC?

"best in slot" caster vs "best in slot" meele is no contest. Its a joke. Even with the current 6 percent chance of root/snare landing ITS A JOKE. The casters are pure dead meat and free kills.

Is that what we want?

"But CrystalBlue, what about group vs group!?!? this is a group game!"

Yeah, group vs. group it becomes a even greater joke because the meeles get targeted last and get to run around doing 50 DPS and interupting most anything they decide to attack (while doing that 50 DPS... way more if you are a rogue lol).

Is that what we want?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nizzarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Platinum jacinth ring 14
Platinum jacinth ring 14
Wolf eye golden bracelet 7
Wolf eye golden bracelet 7
Shiverback hide gloves 7
Pearlescent mask 10
Tranix crown 20
Fingerbone hoop 5
earring of essence 10
Sarnak emblazoned tabard 10

Total mr: 129(monk starts with 25 mr?)

So I have to wear all that to get 94% resist rate? dayum I pity the monks not able to get 80% of these items. I feel like its quite ridiculous that I have to wear 10 pieces of decently hard to get gear to achieve those results. This means my strenght/other resists are crap just to be able to resist the CC spam.

If you're available, lets try this with you casting root and snare on a player 7-8 levels higher than you!

I'd like to reiterate how dumb this is, lets say a necro lands a 1min root on me. He has a pet -- I'm a sitting duck for 1 minute unless I waste a pillage wand on myself or miraculously I'm able to dodge a pet's attack for 3 second and get a pumice off.

Theres no wonder theres barely any melees on this server. Its not fun.

What I get from this proves my point. He wears the best possible magic resist gear most people will ever get here if they play the game like a job. He can still get rooted by people spamming him with root.

The druid root seems to land even more than the regular one too.

Stop making root/snare spells an issue past 70 magic resist.

Effective whenever an active dev gets working on it, which as long as an MIA Null is pointed to for an answer, is likely never.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Banned

SPaimming 9 roots til one lands. Meanwhile getting the shit beat out me, getting dispelled. Yay root lands time to star fire. Oh wait he pumiced the root while I was casting. /bendsover
Old 09-05-2012, 12:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What I get from this proves my point. He wears the best possible magic resist gear most people will ever get here if they play the game like a job. He can still get rooted by people spamming him with root.

The druid root seems to land even more than the regular one too.

Stop making root/snare spells an issue past 70 magic resist.

Effective whenever an active dev gets working on it, which as long as an MIA Null is pointed to for an answer, is likely never.
You should NEVER... EVER become immune to anything. 6% is hardly a big number.

Its PvP you sacrifice DPS for survivability. Its EQ, you ALWAYS have a chance to get ganked/rooted/snared/etc.

Stop bitching about wanting to be un-rootable. Making 70 MR to 'immune point' means that you can STILL stack massive damage and become unkillable.

You people just want to poopsuck PvP (Yes, poop SUCK) with only sacrificing very little offense.

Leave the resists. You should always have a chance of being rooted. 6% with 100+ MR is exactly what it should be.
Closed Thread