Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

That’s sort of my gripe with rozek. Too fucking easy the neck beards are already 10 lvl 50 manastone max plane gear and we are like what week 4? I have like no time to play thought i would be like in the teens nope I am level 36. Just get a full group and level. Pvp once again is not happening while you progress through the game organically. Also the backwards logic of adding non classic classes and spells but then saying other stuff isn’t classic to add makes no sense.

All in all it’s fun but it’s a custom box and holds nothing to what red99 was initially. 7 years later and the best thing going is but a shadow of what eq was.
Old 08-08-2018, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s sort of my gripe with rozek. Too fucking easy the neck beards are already 10 lvl 50 manastone max plane gear and we are like what week 4? I have like no time to play thought i would be like in the teens nope I am level 36. Just get a full group and level. Pvp once again is not happening while you progress through the game organically. Also the backwards logic of adding non classic classes and spells but then saying other stuff isn’t classic to add makes no sense.

All in all it’s fun but it’s a custom box and holds nothing to what red99 was initially. 7 years later and the best thing going is but a shadow of what eq was.
Would like to clarify that the only non classic race /class combos are gnome sk/pal and halfling ranger which I've seen 0 of.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 08-08-2018, 08:58 AM
Planar Protector

Halfling paladin also. Group buffs. There is a shit load of non classic things. Npc’s And drops. Pyzjn camp LOL. There is no resists on npc’s. You can solo reds with any caster class. It’s very ez man.

To be honest if the leveling is going to be like that should just start people at like lvl 35. Why have them waste 22 hours of grinding with no pvp to get to 35.

My whole point is you ask for something and then a halfling paladin with halfling druid group buff combos tells you it’s not classic to have those things in game.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Banned

The XP is a little fast. Even my dumb ass is 35.

I don’t mind it though, it’s just different kind of red this iteration around. I’ll save the classic XP grind for blue.

You’re going to have power gamers everywhere you go, even in life

D let it discourage you
Old 08-08-2018, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

I actually enjoy pvping over batskull earings, jboots (drez), gbs and all sorts of shit. It’s to ez right now it will not draw and keep anyone in for the journey. To be honest if you’re wasting time gearing or pvping pre 50 you’re doing it wrong on rise of Zek.

Just leads to my ultimate question why make people level? Just start at 35.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:21 PM
Banned

Ya i agree wiyh tassador. Also missed pvping in tons of my favorite zones. High keep, south karana, upper guk. I fought there for literaly months on red99 going 20 - 40.

Also, its rough for someone with out the time to put in. On classic red, you could find good pvp in rags at level 30 fighting other people who also work full time, but are also good at Everquest (or arent, either way)

On this server you hit 50 super fast fast with little pvp and are forced to fight people who have spent a ton of time getting a ton of gear, requiring more time of you to compete. Its not classic.
Old 08-08-2018, 09:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassador [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To be honest if you’re wasting time gearing or pvping pre 50 you’re doing it wrong on rise of Zek.

Just leads to my ultimate question why make people level? Just start at 35.
You're not easy to please are you?
Old 08-08-2018, 10:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're not easy to please are you?
It’s playable but it’s like gameshark on the snes. People don’t want to neckbeard so they make it easier but people neckbeard making 15 boxes.

And to answer your question I am a venture capitalist I don’t conform to shit and call it great. Enjoy high taxes, tea and rotten teeth you silly bastard.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:18 AM
Planar Protector

EQ is a game all about the journey and fast exp kills that. Some of my fondest memories from live were just PvPing for hours over Aviaks in lake rathe. That shit is infinitely more fun than killing hitting auto attack on Vulak.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

There has to be one last classic exp classic ffa server left. I don’t mind playing 12-20 hours a week pvp/grinding. Fighting over +3 wisdom items and hollowed bone bracers.

Rise of Zek is fun but it’s not Everquest. 400 manastones already exist in Rise of Zek.
Closed Thread