Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-12-2018, 02:52 PM
Aviak

Default Velious UI Issue

Greetings,

I have come back to P99 after a break. I am now having an issue that was not present before. Using the Velious UI, I no longer get the popup on my health, mana, and endurance bars that tell me what percent I am on when I pass my cursor over them. Also, When I hold ALT, I no longer see the names on what are in my main inventory slots nor when I look at the gear of someone I inspect using right-click to examine. However, ALT does work on my spell gems, items in containers, and my buff window. I appreciate your help as I miss these features! Sincerely.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Planar Protector

I usually have to completely restart my computer for it to come back. Not the greatest fix but the only one I've found that works.
Old 08-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Aviak

This has been over multiple sessions, so restart certainly did not help. Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Old 08-12-2018, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

Its not a UI bug its a Windows bug. You need to restart your PC (ideally turn all the way off and then back on). Its an old 32K bug (255^2) where if you PC has been on for 32000 minutes (around 22 days) it would bug out the roll over menu.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:54 AM
Aviak

I do turn my computer off fully every day. It had occurred to me it might be Windows related, as I have not messed with my EQ installation, but what on earth caused it? And if a full reboot does not resolve it, what are my considerations? If what you're saying is true, not even reinstalling would necessarily solve this.
Old 08-14-2018, 04:28 PM
Aviak

Another detail of change is that I hardly ever make it back to the character select screen anymore. When I camp out, I crash to desktop. Although this is not crippling, it was not as much of an issue originally.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:11 PM
Aviak

I have some interesting news. The Windows update of 8/15/18 appears to have resolved my issue without any further effort on my part.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:46 PM
Sarnak

grats