Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 09:14 AM
Banned

Default What should be my next purchase for my monk?

So I have a 51 Monk with plenty of +HP items, a SCHW, and IFS.

However, I'm saving up for a big purchase and I'm trying to decide which would benefit me the most.
  • Tink Bag (I only have one Large Soiled Bag, for food and bandages)
  • Jboots
  • AC and/or SoS
  • Chardok pipe MQ (is it worse than camping Raster of Guk?)

Which one would you buy first?
Old 08-16-2018, 09:46 AM
Orc

If the Chardok pipe is the last thing you need for epic, I would choose that first. But that would also require you to get a new haste item so its more of a dual purchase so consider that as well.

If you still have a ways to go on epic I would go with AC/SoS. The more damage you do will enable you to do some of the better camps for upgrades/cash solo.

Tink bags are pretty much a must have for monks when you get towards end game, but your damage output should be first priority.

Jboots are just a QoL improvement. SoW pots can get you by until you are able to get them, but would be last on my list.

Edit::You could also use Chardok as a leveling area while you farm for your pipe. I spent roughly 45 hours in Chardok to obtain my pipe, but its all RNG. You could get it on the first spawn and be in and out in 30 minutes, or spend days there getting exp before it drops. But there is also the chance of the SoS dropping from these mobs as well, so might get you 2 of the items on your list.
Last edited by Dalyana4215; 08-16-2018 at 09:50 AM.. Reason: Adding information
Old 08-16-2018, 09:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalyana4215 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the Chardok pipe is the last thing you need for epic, I would choose that first. But that would also require you to get a new haste item so its more of a dual purchase so consider that as well.

If you still have a ways to go on epic I would go with AC/SoS. The more damage you do will enable you to do some of the better camps for upgrades/cash solo.

Tink bags are pretty much a must have for monks when you get towards end game, but your damage output should be first priority.

Jboots are just a QoL improvement. SoW pots can get you by until you are able to get them, but would be last on my list.
Cool thanks.

I just got my Robe of the Lost Circle and I'm not currently guilded, so it's safe to say I'm pretty far away from my epic. I assumed the Chardok pipe was one of the biggest bottlenecks for the epic, but I could have that wrong.

AC/SoS makes sense because I'll be using SoS after getting my epic, so I'll need one anyway.

Thanks for the advice
Old 08-16-2018, 10:02 AM
Orc

You should consider joining a guild as well. Depending on what you are wanting out of a guild would help point in the right direction. Whether you want hardcore raid scene, ability to raid high end content at your leisure, casual while still raiding when you want, or just leveling to 60, there are a lot of guild options out there. A single group of knowledgeable people can get you started with Eejag and get you moving on your way.
I've never had any issues with people from Kittens, Dawn Believers, AG, ALS(although they have a level cap to join) Blood Guard, TSS, Clue, Core. Even have dealt with a lot of helpful people in AM/Tempest(GASP!) I am sure there are many others I am forgetting but gives a good list to look into
Last edited by Dalyana4215; 08-16-2018 at 10:05 AM..
Old 08-16-2018, 12:47 PM
Fire Giant

If I were you, I would save for the next level of haste. Tink bag is awfully nice, though.

You can camp the betrayer pretty easily. Its a fun camp and you’ll get great experience while waiting for a betrayer. Ive seen him spawn most of the times I’ve done the camp for more than a couple of hours. Might even get an SoS while you’re there.

Buy sow pots and/or just camp the AC yourself.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varren [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If I were you, I would save for the next level of haste. Tink bag is awfully nice, though.

You can camp the betrayer pretty easily. Its a fun camp and you’ll get great experience while waiting for a betrayer. Ive seen him spawn most of the times I’ve done the camp for more than a couple of hours. Might even get an SoS while you’re there.

Buy sow pots and/or just camp the AC yourself.
I was thinking I need to go up to Sky for my epic anyway, I might as well join a guild and get one of those haste belts that always rot up there. It's not the greatest haste item, but it would be free.

Is Chardok relatively populated or is it like the Hole where you kinda have to form a group before going?
Old 08-16-2018, 02:58 PM
Fire Giant

You definitely won’t find pick up groups there, although you might be able to recruit some forlorn LFGers from KC, which is just around the corner, for a fun dungeon adventure.
Old 08-16-2018, 03:21 PM
Kobold

in my experience as a monk:

Ac/sos > Tink bag > jboots > chardok pipe.

no point in spending money on the pipe if you aren't ready to use it. all the other will immediately improve your play and therefore encourage/enable you to earn more and level more. if you stick to large group play, the tink bag may be actually more practical since the ac/sos won't really change much. dps difference for 1 char in a group of 6 just doesn't have much effect on the output of loot, but a tink bag might make it easier for you to carry around things that you wouldn't normally have been able to. allows you to pick up weapons/armor/junk you normally might avoid carrying, giving you some extra plat every now and then.

id also look into a Pegasus cloak if you dont have one yet, id prioritize it right after jboots - though you may be able to get it cheap/easy enough that its worth getting earlier.
Old 08-16-2018, 06:02 PM
Aviak

If you have the robe and KC pipe, buy the chardok pipe MQ if u have the cash.(or camp it if u can wait) it will add 25 haste to your 22 haste and str and AC. That's what I did but I already had the AC/SOS.
Old 08-17-2018, 05:37 AM
Fire Giant

Since you are not guilded and seems to have budget issue, you are unlikely to buy or gather forces for Demon Fang. I think your priority should be this.

Chardok Pipe (to get haste robe for immediate impact, not for epic), then AC or SoS (just buy one of the two)

tink bag and jboots should not even be mentioned.

I don't even recommend paying for chardok pipe because (1) you are on budget and (2) it is totally feasible to form an exp group for chardok if you ask randoms (i did it by asking random LFGs). It would take you less time to find and form chardok group than to grind 10k. Plus you really could use the cash to get weapons.

By the way don't even sweat about armors unless you are loaded. I spent way too much on armor pieces for my twink (ss armor, eyepatch plunder, tranix crown, eye of narandi, fingerbone, etc.) only to later see a lvl 55 level pantherskin monk tanking no problem with slow.....
Last edited by wagorf; 08-17-2018 at 05:44 AM..
Closed Thread