Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 09:15 AM
Sarnak

Default Soloing Summoning Mobs as Necro

Hey fellow EQers,

I was wondering if there were any tips or tricks out there to soloing summoning mobs as a necro.

I've done so with limited success. What types of things do us necros need to do to handle these types of creatures? Particularly in a dungeon situation where fear isn't an option.
Old 08-16-2018, 12:27 PM
Sarnak

Charm an option? Without fear or charm I’d think it would be pretty risky if not impossible to do reliably. Even a buffed/bonded EoT not going to last very long against a L50+ mob. If you can clear some room you can try to fear kite indoors with max darkness and shortest duration fear. Again not very reliable due to pathing bugs that often happen when I try that.
Old 08-16-2018, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Simplifying this for a necro for non-fear kite and non-charm is you alternate your pet tanking and you tanking with Vexing (and other dots stacked) on the mob + deflux spam. If you can charm then pray it doesn't break, if it breaks try to FD or HS pending the zone or you basically die.

Example, I've solo'd a lower level summoning Chetari rat in DN this way. But in general I'd need a specific mob to give you more pointers since if the mobs much higher then 52 or w/e it becomes very difficult to impossible to tank without slow/Malo.

There are very few summoning mobs worth killing as a necro that you can actually land your spells on.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Example, I've solo'd a lower level summoning Chetari rat in DN this way. But in general I'd need a specific mob to give you more pointers since if the mobs much higher then 52 or w/e it becomes very difficult to impossible to tank without slow/Malo.
Two mobs I've ran into recently that I felt should be easy solo but summoning made it super hard.

Burning Wood: Gullerback
Karnor's Castle: Undead Jailer.
Old 08-17-2018, 03:42 AM
Fire Giant

Like Siberious said your best bet sans charm is going to be alternating between having pet tanking and healing it (dispell shadowbond curse on yourself if able to) and you stepping in and Deflux-tanking.

Depending on the mob it's fairly high risk, but doable. Here's a video of me soloing one of the PoMischief halflings. Believe those are 55 (though probably overcons)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WGCGIksrvs
Old 08-17-2018, 08:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Depending on the mob it's fairly high risk, but doable. Here's a video of me soloing one of the PoMischief halflings. Believe those are 55 (though probably overcons)

Wow! Great video. This really helped me grasp some of the techniques I need to perfect in order to solo summoning mobs. Thank you very much!
Old 08-18-2018, 07:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by commongood [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
one of the PoMischief halflings. Believe those are 55 (though probably overcons)

They're tougher than most/all classic and kunark 55s because they've got a lot more hp, but yeah, they don't hit harder or resist more. They're a walk in the park compared to a 55 from SG, for example.
Old 08-19-2018, 02:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They're tougher than most/all classic and kunark 55s because they've got a lot more hp, but yeah, they don't hit harder or resist more. They're a walk in the park compared to a 55 from SG, for example.
Good to know. Maybe it’s just the whole setting that feels vastly “overconned”. Nothing kos on the way. Easy to split. Warrior mob. But that’s good to know. I might actually try some stuff in Kunark. Maybe Sebilis would be interesting [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread