Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 11:27 PM
Fire Giant

Default Blackwing for bard epic

Information on the wiki seems to be wrong, most likely outdated; I sat at the loc provided for quite a lot of time with no spawns, went to hill giants and cleared out all the basilisks and drakes- nothing. Discussion page on the wiki asserts that the wiki info is wrong and you have to kill one drake on the HG hill, but that there's another drake that paths that isn't the right one. I'm killing every drake I find hoping to compensate for the fact that there's not a lot of information given to really clarify which is which, but I've been at it for a few hours now with nothing. Starting to get the feeling I'm doing this wrong. Unsure who to trust in a world where no one seems to be right. Crisis of faith. Paranoia setting in. No information available to definitely say how long the camp should be, but suggestions that it's short from both the original poster and the dissenting other guy.

Really hoping someone who has recently done Blackwing can give me some insight about what actually works to get this guy to spawn. Thanks in advance.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Last edited by Kekephee; 05-27-2014 at 12:53 AM..
Old 05-27-2014, 10:50 AM
Kobold

The location is approximately correct. I'm not in game now to double check the exact loc, but -1700, 100 is close at least.

Either he or his PH will spawn there then immediately path NW up to HG hill. What I did was kill every drake / basilisk I could find in 6 minutes, then run back to that location and wait to see if anything spawns. If something does, then all you have to do is kill it and camp that location. I camped him twice and was less than 2 hours each time, iirc. This was just a few months ago.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:05 PM
Fire Giant

Hm. I must have just missed the PH then while I was killing all the shit. I'll try again. Thanks for the info!

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Fire Giant

Wiki confirmed accurate; I just got him. I must have been missing the PH when I was pulling all the drakes and basilisks from HG area. Loc on wiki isn't exactly right but using third person camera at a wide angle I was able to see the PH spawn and lock it down till he popped.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:17 PM
Kobold

I was about to say... I just figured that out and updated the wiki like a month ago. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]