Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Velious Beta > General Beta Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2015, 04:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleris [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This happening?
Confirmed in-game.

Just got "King Gragnar was a trivial challenge for your party!"

Ran around and killed a few other named on track, got the same message. Only items that dropped were non-magical. Guess you can farm soft wicker armor lol.
Old 12-09-2015, 03:56 AM
Sarnak

Soooooooo, I know everyone is sitting tight on information etc - but has there been any confirmed sightings of Nortlav the Scalekeeper? I believe he should've been in with the March patch, but if he isn't, we need to report it as a bug - I just don't want to waste dev time if hes in and I just have no clue when he spawns.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:47 AM
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culkasi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Soooooooo, I know everyone is sitting tight on information etc - but has there been any confirmed sightings of Nortlav the Scalekeeper? I believe he should've been in with the March patch, but if he isn't, we need to report it as a bug - I just don't want to waste dev time if hes in and I just have no clue when he spawns.
He will be in next patch.
Old 12-09-2015, 11:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[*]-Wizard Staff off VS drop rate should be moved to around 80-90%~

??????????????????????????
Old 12-12-2015, 06:27 PM
Large Bat

def not 80-90% lol
Old 02-29-2016, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Left overs from February Patch:
  • Paladin/SK Defensive Skills up to match Warriors
  • Ranger Offensive Skills up to match Warriors.
Bump
Old 03-22-2016, 01:45 PM
Project Manager

Quote:
  • -Wizard Staff off VS drop rate should be moved to around 80-90%~
Current magelo lists this as around 37%.

http://eq.magelo.com/npc/79330
Old 03-22-2016, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Current magelo lists this as around 37%.

http://eq.magelo.com/npc/79330
The staff certainly moved to near 100% drop

I know this for a fact because I was both a wizard and only played in classic era. ( launch - end of Velious, AAs were my out lol ) Previously before the Epic update in Velious - there was only 2 Gnarled Staff on the server. Wizard epic did not get completed on Bristlebane for a long ass time due to this and also the fact there was only 1 CT Skin on the server.

After this update - epics flourished and I remember actually going for mine due to this change. In my guild, if you were on your 'last piece' for your epic - you basically got it handed to you. So I worked hard camping Phinny for a couple weeks getting a Blue Crystal Staff knowing when I obtained it ( already having Gabstik and broken golem) I could simply inform the guild when VS was up and the Gnarled Staff would be defaulted to me. There was not a worry in the world he wouldnt have the staff after the epic revamp - it dropped every time and was a pleasure to see. I stayed up all night waiting for him to spawn after learning some clues for previous death - not once did the thought of not having my epic after this extremely long camp ever crossed my mind. It was always "soon as VS spawns, I can finish my wiz epic and go to bed"

I do not remember one time walking away from VS and not getting a new wizard epic - in fact he turned into solely an epic mob for a wizard that was ready - my guild didnt bother with it unless we had a specific wizard we were finishing the epic for.

Get Phinny staff, get the Golem in Fear - kill VS loot gnarled was the path.

Def not 30% drop rate.
Last edited by Erati; 03-22-2016 at 02:05 PM..
Old 03-22-2016, 02:58 PM
Project Manager

It's not that I don't believe you, I just need more to substantiate a change. I'm 99% done with the VSR respawn changes, and want to get this in at the same time.
Old 03-22-2016, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

Magelo doesn't have kill data isolated just from Velious though. Also, it's not a good resource for drop % on no drop quest items because I'm pretty sure it only counts looted items or at least requiring you to keep the loot window open for long enough to the Magelo sync tool to catch it (a few seconds based on their instructions).

In the past 15 years, I wonder how many times VS has died and the old epic quest items left to rot or corpses not even checked except to quickly loot droppables which has polluted the overall drop %.

Not just for VS, I wouldn't trust Magelo for ANY no drop quest items from classic era quests that have no importance on Live servers any longer. Like this upcoming quest item, the Undead Dragon Sinew: http://eq.magelo.com/item/6478

Even Magelo says the drop % may not accurately reflect the actual drop chance in game.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Last edited by Man0warr; 03-22-2016 at 03:20 PM..
Closed Thread