Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Special shout out to the 55 necro with his epic I grouped with in seb the other night that didn't know what screaming terror was...and didn't want to use it "because its a low lvl spell".
This hurts my soul.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:15 PM
Large Rat

Newbie to p99 so maybe a stupid question, but what would a green server be?

LewisC
Old 09-06-2018, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Newbie to p99 so maybe a stupid question, but what would a green server be?

LewisC
"Green" refers to a hypothical server that follows classic eq and the classic timeline now that the development work and research has been done on the existing server, which followed a much slower timeline than classic eq. Devs have suggested that they intend to do this, but we are still 1 patch away from the final form of the existing server and there is no stated timeline for either green or the final patch.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Green" refers to a hypothical server that follows classic eq and the classic timeline now that the development work and research has been done on the existing server, which followed a much slower timeline than classic eq. Devs have suggested that they intend to do this, but we are still 1 patch away from the final form of the existing server and there is no stated timeline for either green or the final patch.
Supa put that very well, but I have just a couple minor additions. First off, we are more than one patch away. We are one major patch away (Chardok 2.0), but multiple smaller patches happened in-between that one and Luclin, and the devs will need to code those too.

Perhaps more importantly, just because the staff completes all of the patches that does NOT mean all the works is done. Without having any contact with the dev team whatsoever, as a programmer I can guarantee you they have a list of things that they've known about for awhile but have put off fixing ("technical debt"), and most if not all of that stuff will also need to be completed before Green can happen.

Finally, just in terms of a "stated timeline" ... these are 100% volunteers, who have been doing this for a decade (plenty of time for burnout), and it took them seven years to create Velious. Even a complete outsider, armed with just those basic facts, wouldn't expect Green anytime in the near future ... or even the semi-near future ...

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:48 PM
Banned

How do you get bored with p99 when you can play like 10 different games?

Leveling is a game in itself.
Post level 60 stuff is a game in itself.
Tunnel Questing is a game in itself.
Raiding is a game in itself(not a fan of personally).
Playing different classes is often like playing another game. For example, chanter plays different from almost anything.
There's challenging solo targets to go after. Challenging duo content, trio content.
You can twink up and blast through levels if you never done that before.
If you've been twinking, try starting again without twinking and just level slowly.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:50 PM
Banned

Discord server before green please. Most fun I've ever had playing EQ. The adrenaline, tension, heartbreak and pressure was amazing for that event server.
Old 09-06-2018, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Discord server appeared during my years away from this game. There a link to the premise of this server somewhere?
Old 09-06-2018, 05:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supaskillz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Discord server appeared during my years away from this game. There a link to the premise of this server somewhere?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=9364

This thread will do.
Old 09-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teppler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just look at these stories. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
I played a dark elf necromancer. I levelled up to 6 and began stalking for my first kill. I spotted a level 6 monk and a 5 druid levelling together in Nro. I sicced my pet on the monk and the battle started. He ended up killing my pet and using all of my mana but I knocked him unconcious. During the next 30 seconds I kept swinging and missing while his druid friend begged me to stop. He offered me 6 bone chips but I kept mercilessly swinging at the monk until he died.

After killing the monk and being cursed out by the druid I engaged a paladin named Pancakes. Pancakes was a completely naked human except for a 2handed sword. He lured me into guards and I was swiftly murdered.

I never logged back into it but it was great fun and would do it again.
It was a server where your end could come at any moment so it was always high intensity. And there were even certain points that you had to be worried about your "friends" if you didn't know them too well. They could turn on you at any moment. Alliances, cheaters, hunting people down. It was amazing.
Closed Thread