Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the antithesis of what EQ is supposed to be. EQ is about exploring about accepting the danger. If you want to stay on your safe beaten path then accept that it’s going to be quite crowded. Don’t complain about it and lobby for a server split because the usual XP path is full and you have to wait a little bit to get into a group.
Right.

I won't tell people who want to sit in line for level 4 mobs they can't do that. But when they insist on doing so and then cry about it, am I gonna call them names? You betcha.

Regardless, green's splitting soon, both servers will be fun, hardcores will minmax the situation, some people will continue to complain or find new things to whine about, etc. Same shit, different number of servers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-03-2019 at 12:22 PM..
Old 11-03-2019, 12:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
2500 on the other night, and 6 in rathe mountains. Between loot, zone design(or bugs) and ZEM, there’s only a handful of zones most people will go to. If they can’t find mobs, they’d rather log off than play in some marginal area.

In classic people didn’t know better. They spread out primarily out of ignorance. That can’t be recreated.
So much this. I listened to AC Gamer on his last stream bitch and bellyache about them opening up Teal and how "Green isnt the classic feeling he was hoping for" and some nonsense about having an insanely high server population "forces people off the beaten path". It really doesnt, SOME and I mean SOME people will go off the beaten path but the vast majority of people will not, they'll either fight tooth and nail for a single spawn or log off. The people who are wanting "classic" will never get "classic". The game is 20 fucking years old, every little thing that could be known about it is known and these people are trying to relive something from their childhood and throw a fit when some kind of QoL improvements are made that the vast majority of people want. You put it perfectly, you cant recreate ignorance of the game, and thats what some of these players are wanting, to recreate that magical experience they had 20 years ago when they were 13 and knew nothing about EQ or MMO's. It will never happen
Old 11-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right.

I won't tell people who want to sit in line for level 4 mobs they can't do that. But when they insist on doing so and then cry about it, am I gonna call them names? You betcha.

Regardless, green's splitting soon, both servers will be fun, hardcores will minmax the situation, some people will continue to complain or find new things to whine about, etc. Same shit, different number of servers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey Techmos, hows the wife and kid? I loved your chanter videos and you were the only reason I started playing a chanter, I dont play EQ more than a couple of weeks a year but I really fell in love with the class because you taught me how to play, I would have never of had the time or dedication to do it without your tutorial vids, thanks man!
Old 11-03-2019, 12:38 PM
Banned

I was a senior in highschool when everquest came out

everquest killed ultima online

wow killed everquest

wow killed wow

nothing has rivaled it only a few shitty competitors, diablo, finaly fantasy, dark age of camealot and shadowbane?
Old 11-03-2019, 12:39 PM
Banned

teal killed green
Old 11-03-2019, 12:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So much this. I listened to AC Gamer on his last stream bitch and bellyache about them opening up Teal and how "Green isnt the classic feeling he was hoping for" and some nonsense about having an insanely high server population "forces people off the beaten path". It really doesnt, SOME and I mean SOME people will go off the beaten path but the vast majority of people will not, they'll either fight tooth and nail for a single spawn or log off. The people who are wanting "classic" will never get "classic". The game is 20 fucking years old, every little thing that could be known about it is known and these people are trying to relive something from their childhood and throw a fit when some kind of QoL improvements are made that the vast majority of people want. You put it perfectly, you cant recreate ignorance of the game, and thats what some of these players are wanting, to recreate that magical experience they had 20 years ago when they were 13 and knew nothing about EQ or MMO's. It will never happen
So then deal with the crowds if you want to go to the most popular zone for your level range. I think people also underestimate how much information people had in the classic era. Many people on these forums don't seem to have played until Kunark or later. Within like 6-8 weeks people knew generally what level content was in which zones and had figured out all of the good turn in quests such as CB belts, Gnoll Fangs, and Bandit sashes. CB was insanely crowded at all times. So people went off the beaten path to level. If someone is complaining about server population and things being too crowded because they have to wait to join a group in the most popular spot for their level range and they're unwilling to go anywhere else because it's not as optimal, then they might as well play WoW so they can have instances and get whatever they want whenever they want it.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right.

Yeah it's honestly just pretty disappointing. Between Blue, Green, and Teal we'll most likely now have 3 servers where the leveling path is exactly the same and people only XP in a select few zones. Personally, I wasn't excited for Green because of legacy items or server firsts or any stuff like that; I was excited because the large number of people would mean that so many zones and camps that are never utilized are now going to have people at them...it's going to feel like the world did back during the actual classic era. Jokes on me I suppose though, because apparently people will get really mad if they can't immediately start XPing in CB, Unrest, etc. whenever they log on and refuse to go anywhere else.
Old 11-03-2019, 12:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So then deal with the crowds
No thanks, the devs dont see it that way either, hence, Teal. Thanks for trying though !
Old 11-03-2019, 01:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
SOME people will go off the beaten path but the vast majority of people will not, they'll either fight tooth and nail for a single spawn or log off
but that's not how it's actually playing out on green

there are a lot of people fighting over the most popular spawns, but there are also a lot of people everywhere else

and judging by server population, nobody is logging off
Old 11-03-2019, 01:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but that's not how it's actually playing out on green

there are a lot of people fighting over the most popular spawns, but there are also a lot of people everywhere else

and judging by server population, nobody is logging off
Then whats wrong with giving the people who want to move their shit to Teal the option to do so? If things are so great on Green then why are you guys flipping out over people having the OPTION to move away from an incredibly crowded server ? If Green is so great, no one will move and the population will stay insanely high
Closed Thread