Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 01:42 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just ignore him man, he can't really make an argument
Yeah, I have no argument... how dare I advocate for letting people have the option to play however they want. Maybe you should come up with something better than "Mah superior experience!11", when, infact, if having just one server was superior no one would leave and everyone would just stay on green. "But they will get more loot than me!!!", okay? Big fucking deal, you get the "superior" experience of playing on a high population server. I suppose there's trade off's to each side. Im simply advocating for giving people the option to play however they want to, if that means theres been enough outcry for a second server, then shut up and deal with it.
Last edited by Splade; 11-03-2019 at 01:52 PM..
Old 11-03-2019, 01:52 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im simply advocating for giving people the option to play however they want to
What about people who want to play with the whole community on a single server? You're not advocating for them.
Old 11-03-2019, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

I'd love to go "off the beaten" path. Me and my duo buddy were trying this all morning, ran around all over the world to find mobs to XP off of and had a really rough time. Must be our level range. Najena was either greens or reds. South Karana was either greens or reds , the occasional blue was once every 3-4 minutes of running in the vast area, so much landscape, so few mobs. Oasis was 70+ people and only deepwater crocs were blue, but then again, they are pretty much all camped by croc groups. If someone told us a place to go, we'd go, we just might be in a deadzone level but eastern karana seems like the only place to go and its jam packed as well. (Druid/Bard)

We'd join a full group somewhere for sure but its a little hard to build a group in Guk or Unrest with every camp already taken. We're a little too low for permafrost, too low for cazic thule. Any tips appreciated [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about people who want to play with the whole community on a single server? You're not advocating for them.
Im absolutely not. If there wasnt an outcry for a second server from the majority of the community there would be no second server. Someone has to eat dicks in this situation, I prefer the side advocating for less options be the side that eats dicks.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:03 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splade [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If there wasnt an outcry for a second server from the majority of the community there would be no second server.
But there was a poll, and the community was evenly split.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I should have said "enough" and not "majority". I misspoke
Old 11-03-2019, 02:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Well don't forget they had a much better poll in-game on opening weekend during primetime with 2700 people online to /tell yes or no, which is both anonyous and does not require you to look at the forums. Perhaps their data internally from that was not so evenly split. Also they are probably monitoring the zone and how many are tagged LFG and thinking about how more and more people catch up to the Upper Guk, Unrest, Mistmoore levels how little places people will be willing to XP.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:12 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaneosak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well don't forget they had a much better poll in-game on opening weekend during primetime with 2700 people online to /tell yes or no, which is both anonyous and does not require you to look at the forums. Perhaps their data internally from that was not so evenly split. Also they are probably monitoring the zone and how many are tagged LFG and thinking about how more and more people catch up to the Upper Guk, Unrest, Mistmoore levels how little places people will be willing to XP.
That's the poll I'm referring to that Rogean said was evenly split
Old 11-03-2019, 02:19 PM
Planar Protector

Imagine arguing in favor of splitting a server that you admitted you don't even play on
Old 11-03-2019, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
spitballing, vanilla is designed for about 800-1000 concurrent players. that is how much content there is before people have to sit on spawn points. I went to CB to hock daniel goods and every orc was dead. couldn't have been safer in a city. that's stupid. it's much better in aussie and euro hours, because the population is better fitted to the content.
How safe would you have been in CB in the first week of 1999 launch? Perfectly safe? Dead? No idea? I'd bet more on the safer side, even given the lack of information back then, CB is a pretty straight forward zone (compared to Blackburrow, Runnyeye or Befallen). It was likely camped to hell. Except there wasn't a concept of camping yet so it would have been worse.

I agree with OP. One week is a knee-jerk reaction. When is that ever considered good? If it's truly required and the server has the population to support a split then that's fine, but you can't know within one week for something like this.
Closed Thread