Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 09:19 PM
Aviak

Default Spawning Quillmane

I decided to play around with spawning quillmane following the guide here. I spent quite a while running around tracking and killing lionesses and calves in the suggested area; however, none of them were targetable by the "/target #" trick. This trick did target the named gnolls as the guide suggests.

Does anyone know if this trick still works or if anything notable changed since the guide was written 2 years ago?

Thanks for any info.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:23 PM
Fire Giant

Try this. Log in, go to EC, or if you're gloriously red /ooc from anywhere, "WTB Peggy cloak." Makes that fucking unicorn appear every time for me.
Old 11-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Aviak

It was changed a while back. No longer works that way.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:11 PM
Sarnak

what did /target # do?
Old 11-11-2015, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what did /target # do?
There was a hidden symbol in a named placeholder's name that allowed you to target them using that command, literally allowing you to identify the placeholder. it was changed so that it won't work on things like Quillmane anymore
Old 11-11-2015, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah. Can't edit the guide.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

the p99 page specifically says the /target # trick doesnt work anymore, before you get to the guide which was written before that was patched. if you're a tracking class it shouldn't be too hard to nail down which lion/calf are the PHs.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 11-12-2015, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Do yourself a favor and find three friends to sit at spawn points while you kill ph's. It's a total pita camp, and the last thing you will need is spawning Quillmane, but then it gets ganked because it's on other end of zone. Unless you are doing this at total off-hours, I would not recommend doing this solo. It willlead to heartbreak.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Can confirm I did once gank a Quillmane that was unattended and I was too naive at the time to know how the whole setup worked. No cloak though [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2015, 03:10 PM
Kobold

I've given up farming quillmane, mainly because I've only ever gotten the stupid pants to drop. He's easy enough to spawn when someone isn't already doing it. He also looks really cool
Closed Thread