Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 07-04-2019, 01:18 PM
Planar Protector

If you need to afk a lot then you pretty much need to avoid anything considered a camp and stick to trash mobs.

The only good spot in BW is the giant camp and it's usually crowded.

Honestly you can probably eek out another level in Dreaadlands if you wanted. Or just chill near KC zoneline and grab singles every now and then. Not sure if you can take it at 53, but the Spectral Turnkey camp in KC is good for a monk.

I'd avoid Sol B or HHK if you plan to afk a lot.
Old 07-17-2019, 05:03 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read Rygar's Hole guide, he knows every square inch about that zone and solo'd there to 60 on his monk with gear not quite as good as yours
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah, when I was playing my monk, I just stuck to the pather and guards outside the guild. There's a SK pather that comes by too, which I'd occasionally tag (but the HT hits hard). The guards in commons are doable too, same level, but they have more hp, hit harder and are a tougher split. There are other guards in 3rd gate too that are easy to split, but I always felt the clerics were squishier.
Thanks for the info. Once the camp is split it is very easy to hold. The other day I was doing 5 spawns every 6 mins there. The exp can be as quick as like 5% in 20 mins. The only problem I have run into is splitting the 2 guards at the entrance are a pain. Between the SK pathing guard, and the cleric inside the guild who paths to the front it can become really hard to split.

Last night between the 3 pathers it took me over an hour to break up the spawn because FD splitting casters can be annoying. It has pretty much taken luck with an immediate FD+Stand memblur on a mob who is casting a long cast time spell on me (dispel).

Once I get tired of this I will probably give the hole a try as suggested here. Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 07-17-2019, 09:54 AM
Kobold

You should easily be able to hold the guards in Felwithe near the caster guilds. 6 spawns with 15 or 20 min repop. Decent exp to 55 and minimum 20p per kill with a bank in the next zone. My monk soloed Felwithe entrance from 51-55 and made about 20k in drops. Can also do kelethin guards if camped.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:04 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezlen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You should easily be able to hold the guards in Felwithe near the caster guilds. 6 spawns with 15 or 20 min repop. Decent exp to 55 and minimum 20p per kill with a bank in the next zone. My monk soloed Felwithe entrance from 51-55 and made about 20k in drops. Can also do kelethin guards if camped.
Don't those cast heals and stuns? If not hoo boy I'm heading there right now
Old 07-17-2019, 10:39 AM
Kobold

They do but rarely. Id say they loh only 30% of the time.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:45 AM
Fire Giant

If you get a mob to flee health while your critically low and fd stand back up right away they will flee. TIP of the day

Inappropriate Pulls
Old 07-23-2019, 03:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezlen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks. Felwithe guards have been super easy to hold. Plat is much better than Neriak, and it is much easier to break. However Neriak once you are rolling is faster exp.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

felwithe guards were annoying without epic but maybe with the added push from epic's haste it'll work out
Old 07-25-2019, 08:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
felwithe guards were annoying without epic but maybe with the added push from epic's haste it'll work out
I did half of 53 in Neriak C and the other half in felwithe. The felwithe guards were easier to split but took longer to kill.

I am using Fungi Tunic + Fungi Stick with epic and T-Staff. I was able to kill about 9 guards per round (about 24 mins I think?). I didn’t even bother trying to interrupt their GHeal spell ad I found I couldn’t get enough push fast enough. So I just kept Meleeing through it with TStaff.

Guards have just gone green con, but 54 is a hell level so gonna be tough to tell if the exp is still worth it. May have to look at more of the suggestions in this thread. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-26-2019, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont understand this statement. They are annoying cause you dont have epic (delay), but you have epic click????
Closed Thread