Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2019, 10:53 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

fresh
Old 09-14-2019, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone thinks they're a genius and they can see loopholes that the staff are somehow blind to.

Spoiler: you aren't that smart.
This is what's amazing to me. That these retards think they've seen the one obvious flaw in the system that several devs and much more dedicated (and intelligent) staff members just somehow didn't consider.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:51 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what's amazing to me. That these retards think they've seen the one obvious flaw in the system that several devs and much more dedicated (and intelligent) staff members just somehow didn't consider.
and thats pretty smart of you to think that kind of things never happened, like no mmo features never had exploits at their release because the were not enough tested in real conditions.
Old 09-14-2019, 12:57 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not trying to find flaws here. I just want a darn fungus staff. Just want confirmation or not that the list system will apply to it. If it doesnt, it will end up perma camped and passed among a circle of friends. Just want to know if people will have a fair chance at them or have to farm 10m+ plat to buy em off. Those are far more valuable than manastones in my book. Might even be the most expensive item. Without a list, it will get ugly there.
Imho, the list should be used for ALL the items that will stop dropping.
Last edited by BWoTHa; 09-14-2019 at 01:01 PM..
Old 09-14-2019, 01:06 PM
Planar Protector

I think what everyone's missing is that IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE DEVS GET THE LIST SYSTEM PERFECT ON THE FIRST TRY OR NOT!

Look, the "maybe the devs thought about this first" camp is 100% right. So's the "humans are fallible and can't predict everything" camp. You're both making true points ... but really neither one matters.

Here's what I do know: the P99 team has an almost decade-long success track record. Whatever lists are like at release, everyone here should have absolute faith that the staff will correct whatever issues arise from them soon enough thereafter.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:24 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think what everyone's missing is that IT DOESN'T MATTER IF THE DEVS GET THE LIST SYSTEM PERFECT ON THE FIRST TRY OR NOT!

Look, the "maybe the devs thought about this first" camp is 100% right. So's the "humans are fallible and can't predict everything" camp. You're both making true points ... but really neither one matters.

Here's what I do know: the P99 team has an almost decade-long success track record. Whatever lists are like at release, everyone here should have absolute faith that the staff will correct whatever issues arise from them soon enough thereafter.
Aren't you the one who has been complaining for years that Rogean won't do a raid rotation? Make up your mind please sir.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

You are correct that I think there's a lot of ways (not just rotations) to make raiding on Project 1999 more like it was in 1999-2001 (ie. more classic).

But thinking the devs could do things better does not mean ignoring a nearly decade-long success track record. And whatever I may disagree with the devs on when it comes to the raid scene, it's objectively undeniable that it has been a success for the project's history, and that the devs have always done what was necessary to keep it that way.

(Rogean may have forgotten we existed for a bit until beloved GM Braknar fell on his sword and "made" Rogean root the dragons ... but ultimately the dragons did get rooted, proving my point. Plust even if he hadn't, P99 raiding would have continued, just slightly less successfully ...

... and when you run a massively successful project for almost a decade, I think you're allowed to lose interest in it from time to time [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 09-14-2019, 03:09 PM
Orc

Mana stone yea
Old 09-14-2019, 03:23 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Send a message via AIM to avant_tard

Grats on 10 years! can remember when P99 still had a PEQ feel and 350 pop. it's come a long, long way. Green will be unprecedented!!
Old 09-14-2019, 03:57 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somekid123 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Amazing how time after time of what the staff does with volunteering time with nothing in return you nerds find something to bitch and cry about.

Thank you staff for what you do.
Whoever posted you can't recapture the wonder of 1999 EQ is just flat wrong. I was there day 1 live and stayed up hours after my friends all crashed just fishing in Surefall Glade. Everything about the immersive nature of EQ was so amazing.

I came to p99 recently and saw a Dragon spawn I had never even seen back on live. The sheer size and depth of the content mean there are countless new things to discover. If you put aside the mad dash to get level 60 and XYZ item, it has limitless entertainment value.

Somekid123 is spot on, the babies crying they aren't getting XYZ item are spoiled brats throwing their toys from the pram for attention. Meh. Really ?
Closed Thread