Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-23-2020, 10:54 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A slightly smaller spell font would be nice, just because every time I see Pox of Bertoxxulous it looks like the UI is broken, or like I have another window covering the bottom of the spell
i think i could make some adjustments for this. could you please take a screenshot of Pox of Bertoxxulous?
Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The actual mana number (not %) is pretty small. The percentage is great (and of course the mana bar is awesome), but when I'm low on mana and trying to decide "do I have enough for one last ____?", it's kind of a tiny number amongst lots of others
maybe
Quote:
Am I missing where the "max weight" is? I see my weight, and it's cool that it's red/green, but it'd be nice to know "how much crap do I have to delete before it goes green again?" Maybe you could put the max (or current/max) in the upper left corner of the inventory window? There's a bit of bare space there.
probably, but will take a fair amount of time to figure out how to do it in a way i'm happy with.
Quote:
As beautiful as the spell icons are, if there was any way to improve the contrast it would help the "usability" (I'm literally thinking just opening their graphic file in a graphics program and pulling that curve tool, or even just adjusting the contrast directly)?
probably not, these spell icons have been around for like 17 or 18 or so years from t.king. however, i'm working on my own custom icons similar to the ones indicating the resists on the group window. but that'll take a lot of work and will be way out in the future before completion.
Old 05-24-2020, 12:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think i could make some adjustments for this. could you please take a screenshot of Pox of Bertoxxulous?

maybe

probably, but will take a fair amount of time to figure out how to do it in a way i'm happy with.

probably not, these spell icons have been around for like 17 or 18 or so years from t.king. however, i'm working on my own custom icons similar to the ones indicating the resists on the group window. but that'll take a lot of work and will be way out in the future before completion.
Awesome; all that was way better than I'd hoped. As for Pox:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-24-2020, 01:17 AM
Aviak

The total is just the strength right? And the strength is placed very near the current weight. Does it add value to do a current/total? Looks pretty clean as it is.

About the spell icon graphics, I played around with upscaling them from 256x256 to 1024x1024 using Topaz Gigapixel AI which does some fancy AI junk to try to add back in detail (was used for some of the texture projects for p99 + a lot of other older games).

I'm not sure it helped that much, but I can send them to you if you want to check them out.

I've only been using your UI for a little while, but I like the look. I agree that current mana and health in raw numbers in addition to the current % would have useful.

I'd have liked a close box in the all-bag UI window instead of having to escape out of it.

Also, when group member is not in the zone, the group window doesn't have their name above their slot (although hovering over it shows the name).

I haven't played with the pet window which you already mentioned you'd be addressing.

Anyways...as it is I'm glad to be using it. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutizutzut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The total is just the strength right? And the strength is placed very near the current weight. Does it add value to do a current/total? Looks pretty clean as it is.
probably? monks might work differently, that was what i had my mind on when i responded last night. but i'd have to ask some of my monk friends if that's the case.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zutizutzut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
About the spell icon graphics, I played around with upscaling them from 256x256 to 1024x1024 using Topaz Gigapixel AI which does some fancy AI junk to try to add back in detail (was used for some of the texture projects for p99 + a lot of other older games).

I'm not sure it helped that much, but I can send them to you if you want to check them out.
yeah that would be cool
Quote:
I'd have liked a close box in the all-bag UI window instead of having to escape out of it.
yeah i could do this
Quote:
Also, when group member is not in the zone, the group window doesn't have their name above their slot (although hovering over it shows the name).
are you using the 4k version? there's been a bunch of issues with that one. i might be able to figure out some kinda work around, but it'll probably be imperfect. if it's the standard one i'll have to look into it.
Old 05-26-2020, 09:25 PM
Large Rat

Diety information?
Old 05-27-2020, 06:23 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prediant [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Diety information?
let me tell you about my friend named jesus
Old 05-29-2020, 02:04 PM
Sarnak

The best UI AND the best guild.

THX DEEZY.
Last edited by Worry; 05-29-2020 at 02:14 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 02:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best UI AND the best guild.

THX DEEZY.
<3

been a busy/rough week for me, but the good news is i should have an update ready to go this weekend.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:08 PM
Planar Protector

deezy will we continue to see updates to this UI?

Best hopes sir!
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-29-2020 at 03:33 PM..
Old 05-29-2020, 03:25 PM
Banned

liked and subscribed