Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 01:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not mention PvP because I'm an elitist who regards ALL roleplaying game PvP as inherently easymode bunnyhill stuff for newbies. It's beneath my dignity.
That doesn't make you elitist, it makes you dumb or ignorant. PvP in a good game is far more intricate and skill-intensive than PvE. This a true of Everquest PvP because it's everything you already need to be doing in PvE anyway, with the added danger of PvP and needing to be prepare for it.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalem [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Glyphs didn’t exist in classic.
You're right, you literally had to spec into it (Subtlety) and your dps took an even more massive hit, but yes it was (and still is) mandatory for a lot of raiders.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:52 PM
Sarnak

I remember all my homies being combat rogues, and they were able to use sap just fine. I was a fury warrior that would slap on a shield and tank all kinds of shit. Most specs were not so make-or-break to the game as many people would want you to believe. I had tons of fun in the instances and raids of WoW, but from what I recall all of the difficulty was just in figuring out what kind of DDR pattern the deva wanted you to follow.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't make you elitist, it makes you dumb or ignorant. PvP in a good game is far more intricate and skill-intensive than PvE. This a true of Everquest PvP because it's everything you already need to be doing in PvE anyway, with the added danger of PvP and needing to be prepare for it.
Totally. Nobody is in it for the pixels and raiding takes skill too. Nailed it bud.
Old 08-09-2020, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalpow [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m playing wow classic lately because it’s no stakes easy street.
thats cause you cant hang with the big boys in Tov and kael Chest you tried and failed.

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 08-09-2020, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Wow isnt easy try to maintain rank 14 in classic WoW (0.1% of players) only reach this and it resets every week, you have to be a pvp god or a neck beard to achieve it. the list system is flawed nobody wants to spend 70+ hours killing themselves over a manastone how is that healthy? I will give credit where its due the p99 team tried something different but it does need to be re-defined, as 70+ hours isnt healthy at all.

Old 08-09-2020, 02:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's more Vulak loot on blue than there was on live during POP.

Hard pass.
you sound upset cause green will merge into the "beta server" in 2023

Old 08-09-2020, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being more skill-intensive than beating up dumb AI (which is factually accurate) is faint praise indeed. When I want to compete against other humans I do so in an environment that's actually suited for it. I'll be fair and admit that notion is somewhat out of place in a specific EQ-vs-Warcraft discussion so we can leave it at that instead of derailing the thread.

-------------------------------------

Sunken Temple was a neat zone, large enough that relatively few groups wanted to do the entire thing. I visualized its basic design as akin to two tires stacked on top of each other. Most groups did either boss speedruns or at most cleared through the upper "tire." I do not recollect it being particularly difficult, though, provided groups took it with care and did not attempt rushing like mad. I read someplace that the zone was rebuilt and made much smaller later on? If so, too bad.

Counting town in group chat so a couple of Rogues could "dual sap" (made possible if done correctly due to network latency) was something I did once in awhile.

Danth
Old 08-09-2020, 02:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you sound upset cause green will merge into the "beta server" in 2023
This does bring up a good point though.

Because the top raid guilds are SO decked out, any content is super trivial. How do you fix that on a static server like this? Can you? Does it matter?
Old 08-09-2020, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wow isnt easy try to maintain rank 14 in classic WoW (0.1% of players) only reach this and it resets every week, you have to be a pvp god or a neck beard to achieve it. the list system is flawed nobody wants to spend 70+ hours killing themselves over a manastone how is that healthy? I will give credit where its due the p99 team tried something different but it does need to be re-defined, as 70+ hours isnt healthy at all.
i did back on the day , was first r 14 eu realms . and only did lost it when Naxramas grind to get KT down was to much burning time farming shit to even have time pvp .

And yes first eu high warlord was a Enha shaman then ele for most part due to wf nerfs (not gonna like Aq+ bwl trink was absurd retarded op) wich was forced to spam R1 chain heal on nax
Closed Thread