Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2020, 04:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I couldn't resist doing a dramatic reading of these tells.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hi effort
underrated
<Ad Nauseum>

Xwing @aliciousness 60 Hierophant
<Dial a Port>
Old 09-12-2020, 09:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Despite having a 2011 forum creation date, you seem to be pretty clueless. This shit gets around. Especially when the character has an easy to remember name.
Totally clueless. Already forgot the names because the shit doesn't matter. Go on keeping score though.
Old 09-12-2020, 04:04 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty disappointing read. You report a player to us, we take action then you blast him on rant and raves.

I just released his account, good day.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Despite having a 2011 forum creation date, you seem to be pretty clueless. This shit gets around. Especially when the character has an easy to remember name.
Hey you were that guy from like a year ago who fought over an Orc. <Current Guild>, GET HIM

sorry but these kinda things just dont actually happen. "Watch ur rep bro" is basically saying "watch your back" to create a certain amount of fear to get your way or as you slink away trying to get the last word in the matter, or even both. I never once seen an exp group break up because the big dick orcamp1 guy joined a team. or a raid break up because the goblin ear bandit joined.
Old 09-13-2020, 02:41 AM
Sarnak

I have seen some examples of rep causing a group not to invite someone and other things, but almost never from the forum, usually in game stuff.
Old 09-13-2020, 03:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentEpilot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have seen some examples of rep causing a group not to invite someone and other things, but almost never from the forum, usually in game stuff.
And in 10-11 years, how many groups there are vs how many times that has happened. We like to tell ourselves that we matter but.. we dont.

Please also consider the possibility of people wanting to object but biting their tongue out of fear since most groups will not know what they are talking about/thinking as life moves on as that one person who made you angry months/years later is in your group/another persons group.

And the other possibility of people just strait up not caring.

And the possibility of people getting over having an orc stolen or reading about an orc being stolen and not letting time old forum drama not effect them in game.

Your flash in the pan anger wont mean much years in the future.

Do
not
ever
forget
this
Old 09-13-2020, 03:02 PM
Kobold

You dumb twat
Old 09-13-2020, 03:24 PM
Sarnak

Drugs are bad
Old 09-13-2020, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrant49333 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Drugs are bad
This is a very narrow minded conclusion. Read up on cached thoughts. Idioms and common wisdom can be well intentioned however mistaken. Even recreational drugs can expand one's thinking as well as elevate quality of life if used moderately and in a healthy context.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:57 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey you were that guy from like a year ago who fought over an Orc. <Current Guild>, GET HIM

sorry but these kinda things just dont actually happen. "Watch ur rep bro" is basically saying "watch your back" to create a certain amount of fear to get your way or as you slink away trying to get the last word in the matter, or even both. I never once seen an exp group break up because the big dick orcamp1 guy joined a team. or a raid break up because the goblin ear bandit joined.
Sorry, but these kind of things DO happen.

I haven't seen groups break up, but I have most definitely seen people not be invited to groups or skipped on lists because they have bad reputations after someone in group said something. It's also not really about what they did or "that orc they stole", it's about their scummy personalities.

Feel free to ask Bvmmey or Bladefrenzy if reputation matters.