Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2021, 12:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine belittling someone because they described their general raid experience in a way that somehow denigrated your perception of the evolved raid meta for a specific raid target. You even called him a peasant and an idiot to boot. I think the evolved meta might be insecurity, not zerging Vaginanak.
Imagine coming into a forum titled Rants n Flames and being upset when he sees people ranting and flaming.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:20 AM
Banned

bunch of ranting flamers imo
Old 02-01-2021, 03:55 AM
Planar Protector

Why do guilds
Use dkp here
Everytime
They raid fear
I guess just like me
They long to see
Closed bid loot.
Old 02-02-2021, 06:46 PM
Sarnak

One other things I'll note that I haven't seen mentioned yet is that DKP or some type of currency based bidding helps maximize utility from drops by ensuring that people who value something more get it over people who value something less.

For example, I have a https://wiki.project1999.com/Shadow_Fang_Necklace . Aegis rarely gets NToV kills, but they do trickle in from ban weeks and other things. If we killed Aaryonar and got https://wiki.project1999.com/Amulet_of_the_Dreadgazer it is definitely an upgrade for me, but it is relatively minor; I have a number of slots that are much more in need of a substantial upgrade. If we're all rolling need, than I'm rolling on that. But I'm not likely to pay more than about 30 RAP (Aegis DKP, roughly equivalent to hours of raid attendance) for that, and someone else is almost certainly going to value it higher, which means it goes to them. That's good, you want things to go where they are higher impact.

Likewise, if there's a https://wiki.project1999.com/Vyemm's_Fang dropped, I don't want a Shadow Knight or Bard rolling on it because its a AC/resist piece or they're level 54 and don't have a better weapon yet. SKs can trivially get a stronger weapon, while that Fang is a top tier Rogue piece from a very hard and contested mob. That naturally fixes itself with DKP because the Rogues will bid it up way higher than Bards or SKs will be willing to pay.

You can try and work around this with a bunch of rules about who is allowed to roll on what, but some type of currency works better since it naturally adjusts and takes into account personal preference instead of what people think you should be getting.

One thing I have come to realize though is that no matter what method you use to allocate loot, some people are going to be unhappy about it.
Old 02-03-2021, 02:49 AM
Fire Giant

There is no one fair system that appeals to all. DKP is likely "fair" for most players as it rewards your time spent in participating in raids. Imagine melees not willing to show up for Velks kill.

I've been in loot council , loot council+dkp , and pure dkp guilds. By far worst is council + dkp (Europa).

Europa officers would snipe items by calling a drop to be "loot council" when their core wants the item (Green Scale being a prime example). Their reason being, success of guild is more important. Europa officers or ex-officers are full of shit.
Old 02-03-2021, 03:20 AM
Planar Protector

/random is the only fair answer and is as fair as anything else in life. People don't want fair though and will continue to argue why a system that lets them put their thumb on the scale is best.
Old 02-03-2021, 09:48 AM
Skeleton

Because how you tool your character should be your decision, not your luck.

Pretty simple. I can't help you if you don't understand it.
Old 02-03-2021, 06:50 PM
Planar Protector

Sorry. Random is as fair as the universe gets. 1 in 5 people live on less than a dollar a day and it's not because they're not working hard for what they get.

If you expect people to wake up at 3am to log on a game and help you kill a dragon so you can loot it without giving them a fair shake, you are just a selfish prick. If you want to work for it and attend more raids for more rolls, the laws of averages will give you your fair share.

If you're worried that some wizard will win some warrior loot or won't attend a raid if caster gear isn't dropping, guess what, you can wheel and deal and trade rolls and favors to sort that shit out. If someone gets hot dice and wins a bunch of shit and they just start gearing up alts, well there's an answer for that too, be more selective about who you let in your guild.

Just don't tell me DKP is fair when only a few get a chance at the best loot despite being carried by a zerg of others wasting their time gearing your characters.

Pretty simple. I can't help you if you don't understand it.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:27 PM
Planar Protector

I still stand by using dkp should let you buy a chance to /random

I was also in a guild once that let everyone random but dkp would modify their roll if they spent it.
Old 02-03-2021, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

What rules apply to random? Do everyone in attendance do the /random?

I think the argument that your high raid attendance means you get high amount of /randoms is pretty strong, but I guess I can imagine scenarios where it breaks down, just like all the DKP guys can see how it breaks down too.

Can someone tell me a complete system that works and isn't broken as heck? On random roll I can see a lot of messes happening if the entire attendant list /randoms for every single item that is dropped.

Many hours would be spent when those winners take time to negotiate the loot rights with other guildies ETC.

Depriving a guildie of needed fat loots in order to go sell it on the messageboard seems obviously wrong because a guild is supposed to be a team not some??? weird ass thing where people band together in a greed before need situation.

But I don't know how you handle distribution in a big big guild.
Lost but not forgotten.
Closed Thread