Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 08:36 AM
Planar Protector

It's not really a union though, is it?

It's a tag some people wear.

If anything its like being listed in the phone directory.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Planar Protector

Jimmies were rustled about 18 months/2 years ago, some "do gooder" druid was offering ports for 20pp "or whatever you can afford" saying that it was wrong to expect people to pay 30-50pp

Can't remember her name, but I wonder if she's still around or whether something quite dark happened...
Old 08-08-2015, 09:36 AM
Aviak

Despite my personal opinion about the need for a Porting guild, and that they are all for the money instead of enjoying the class(es), there is one thing that really bothers me about DAP.

They are not allowed to do charity ports.
Old 08-08-2015, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnatabar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Despite my personal opinion about the need for a Porting guild, and that they are all for the money instead of enjoying the class(es), there is one thing that really bothers me about DAP.

They are not allowed to do charity ports.
Explain... I have never seen a dial a port guildie force a payment, they always do free CR ports, what's not charity about that?
Old 08-08-2015, 09:42 AM
Aviak

I know they offer free CR, but a mate in DAP, told me that she was not allowed to do Charity ports except for CR ports.
Which i find is utter bullshit if its correct [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2015, 09:47 AM
Sarnak

Interesting lol how do they track it, maybe we have uncovered something here after all, does the guild leader take an "insurance policy" of earnings? Lol
Old 08-08-2015, 09:52 AM
Aviak

Nah, as far as ive heard, the leader gets nothing, the guild gets nothing.
Which just makes the no-charity ports even less sane, as the guild or its leadership wont lose anything from it.

Also, i dont know if they enforce it, but she said that it was part of the rules that she was told to abide when joining.

Personally, if i were in DAP, i would ignore that rule, if i want to do a free port, i'l do a free port.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

The one rule I heard about is simply that if you're not doing ports or able to do ports, you should go /anon so your DAP tag doesn't show.

It's being run basically like a business, with enforced productivity. Not sure what the fuss is about. The most annoying thing I find about them is just the 'Remember Dial A Port for all your porting needs!' they have to tag onto the ends of their port ads, mostly because I hate ads in general.

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Old 08-08-2015, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Tell-A-Port was a better name. GET IT?!?!!11
Originally Posted by Hollywood Hogan
The first thing you gotta' realize, brother, is this right here is the future of wrestling. You can call this the New World Order of Wrestling.
Old 08-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

It is super nice to just /who all dial when you need a port. You know those people are porting so you don't have to worry about bothering someone who isn't. Also a good way for people to make money.

Dial a port is awesome. Are people seriously complaining about this?
Closed Thread