Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 11:24 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnatabar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, as far as ive heard, the leader gets nothing, the guild gets nothing.
Which just makes the no-charity ports even less sane, as the guild or its leadership wont lose anything from it.

Also, i dont know if they enforce it, but she said that it was part of the rules that she was told to abide when joining.

Personally, if i were in DAP, i would ignore that rule, if i want to do a free port, i'l do a free port.
I'm very sorry you are sadly mistaken..If anything we encourage chariety ports more then anything the one exception we ask that people do not advertise the guild as a port for free service in any type of /ooc or /shout msgs they may have. Members are more then welcome to port whomever they wish for free at anytime. I do get a kick though outta all the peps who have "inside" knowledge of the guild though but dont seem to have a clue of what actually goes on within.

And again it seems we must touch on this once more...each porter determines what his/her time is worth. The guild its self has grown from the service guild of just port toons to all types of players, alot of which are playing mains and will move on to bigger and better things.

When your group, has gone astray
Call <Dial-A-Port>, we'll take you right away.
When you're looking for a better place to play,
<Dial-A-Port> will be online all day!
Diaaal-a-Porrrrrrt!
Old 08-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtynads [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm very sorry you are sadly mistaken..If anything we encourage chariety ports more then anything the one exception we ask that people do not advertise the guild as a port for free service in any type of /ooc or /shout msgs they may have. Members are more then welcome to port whomever they wish for free at anytime. I do get a kick though outta all the peps who have "inside" knowledge of the guild though but dont seem to have a clue of what actually goes on within.

And again it seems we must touch on this once more...each porter determines what his/her time is worth. The guild its self has grown from the service guild of just port toons to all types of players, alot of which are playing mains and will move on to bigger and better things.
I'm very glad to hear this, because i only know what i was told by my mate.
And perhaps she have misunderstood what was meant by the charity ports.

So i'm glad to be wrong for once [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-08-2015, 12:15 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnatabar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know they offer free CR, but a mate in DAP, told me that she was not allowed to do Charity ports except for CR ports.
Which i find is utter bullshit if its correct [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dyonosi here.
This is not a rule in Dial a Port. I think your friend might be confused with something. We tell new recruits not to use the word "Donation" in their /ooc message. As Dial a Port is a PP-service. Think of it like a job. We take time out of our game time to take of /anon and make an easy service for people to get around the game. Dial a Port gives freedom to all its members to do as they please with their ports.(the guild tag is for YOUR convenience) DAP doesn't take anything from its members (even tho you are welcome to hold/donate toward guild events/meetings and do PP give-aways in the guild, which we do) DAP offers its members a community of people who DO enjoy playing their classes (youd be suprised how many druids/wiz are on at a time but just /anon because they are enjoying their class) and enjoy the social aspect of guild chat. If you don't enjoy the service, dont use it. If you're gonna cry because we dont want to take time outta our game time to CR you, dont use us (I CR people constantly or whenever they ask for one in /say if i have the mana). The EQ community responds positive to our presence and appreciates what we do (or atleast they do in game). If you take issue with one of our members contact ANYONE from the guild and they will get you to the appropriate person for a complaint, or just /who all druid for your ports.
-D
Last edited by error707; 08-08-2015 at 12:19 PM..
Old 08-08-2015, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaleth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope, We offer a service that's it, don't want to use us, don't.
I once tried to use another porter. I wanted a port from BB to WC and arranged a pick up at the druid rings. When I got there the druid that came to get me was laying dead in a nearby ditch and a DaP druid was there instead. He said if I ever tried again to use another porter the other druid would have some company.
Old 08-08-2015, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

I prefer my ports to be certified 100% DAP. Sure, you can go try and save a few plats with an unregulated, donations based, scrub porter, but when you find yourself without lev (dreadlands) or waiting tens of minutes remember, you could have just /who all dial
DAP is a pay for service that provides the assurance I need for quality ports.
Old 08-08-2015, 01:38 PM
Skeleton

Hey Baalzy pretty sure I was that druid. Don't worry about it at all. I was probably at fault as well. Had 5 or 6 ports lined up and was just eager to get to the next destination quickly. I was the only druid online in the guild doing Velious ports last night for a good 3 hour stretch.

I would like to take this opportunity to shed some insight on my 8 months as a member of Dial A Port. DaP is not some exclusive club. There is no app process or waiting list. Everyone that can port is invited to join. Despite that, they've been able to attract some of the most positive, friendly, and helpful people in the game. We hold recruiting drives, guild contests, and server events (Bum Fights anyone?).

Most of my time is spent filtering through hundreds of /tell messages. Conversations range from arranging transportation, fielding questions from people who are playing this game for the first time, directions, CR and buff requests. Like the server's 411 line. On a busy night I'm playing whack-a-mole with tell boxes. Most likely while I'm porting you, I'm speaking with 4-5 other people at the same time. My worst enemy is my mana bar and I may have been known to port away without first inviting my fare to the group (whoops.)

The guild does not get a cut of any money. There's no percentage. The leader and officers get nothing from this aside from being helpful and kind people. There's two rules as far as I'm aware of. 1) Do not use the word donations. We work for tips. This is a service industry. 2) Go /anon if you are not actively porting. Pretty straight forward.

On the whole, the majority of the server "gets it." Be at or near the rings/spires. Send a tell stating where you are and where you need to be. Tip for services rendered. We realize not everyone is at the same point in the game. There are no set prices. The individual porters get complete control for how they run their "franchise" so you may find that you like going with one porter over another based on previous interactions.

So Hop on the Halfpint Express and remember to Dial A Port (/w all dial).
Old 08-08-2015, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

found a song for this occasion, no charge =P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn8EEEpWcvw
Old 08-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once tried to use another porter. I wanted a port from BB to WC and arranged a pick up at the druid rings. When I got there the druid that came to get me was laying dead in a nearby ditch and a DaP druid was there instead. He said if I ever tried again to use another porter the other druid would have some company.
RIP kekephee
Old 08-08-2015, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Just yesterday I was in Qeynos Hills leveling my level 4 shadowknight, when a level 2 wizard had asked in /ooc the best route to make a run across Antonica (north along High Pass or south along Rathe Mountains) to take the boat to Faydwer to eventually get to GFay. I offered to log in my wizard to pick him up in Qeynos Hill zone line to West Karana and port him over. I grabbed him and ported him to GFay, no charge. Stinks I went LD though because I wanted to bind him as well.

Even though being a member of DaP, I had no intention of asking or accepting 1 copper from this new player. Most if not all members in our guild follow the same moral guideline. We are there to help, making money when we can sure, but we give out as many free ports when neded as we charge for service. I would have given a lot in live to have a guild like DaP around when I started, but by Luclin then PoP, there would have been no need.
Old 08-08-2015, 02:15 PM
Aviak

I'm pleasantly surprised by the amount of people responding, supporting DAP.
Personally i have used DAP a few times as well, but since i mostly play a druid, its not been often.

And i'm in no way interested in bashing DAP unrightfully, which i did. So i'm sorry about that. The information i had was incorrect, and i apologize.

Most of you are doing a great service, although i will say, i have had a couple DAPs not being so friendly.

But that is by far the minority, so that's all good =)

You are mostly doing a good job, and i appreciate it, even more now that i know you aren't actively against charity ports.
Closed Thread