Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 10-12-2015, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

Default earth pet mobs procing root while they're rooted out of melee range

I've been having holgresh earth pets proc their root on me and my pet while we're out of melee range when the pet has been rooted while fighting the holgresh.

This isn't right.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 10-12-2015, 07:36 PM
Fire Giant

I've seen this on most mobs that proc, it doesn't seem to be off a melee swing like it should.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:16 AM
Fire Giant

Very noticeable when you pull Vilefang out of the water and try to get him single out of the pack. 4 mobs with a high proc rate so it's easy to tell when they proc and they proc before hitting you.
Old 10-31-2015, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Never played a mage on live but ....

Most of the mage pets cast their spells instead of proc'ing them off of melee. Not sure if this is classic/correct. Essentially, mage pets don't seem to have to be in melee range to cast any of their spells. It's been this way atleast as long as I've played a mage on p99 (3-4 years.)
Blueberrii - 60 Mage
Gigglepurr - 60 Shaman
Kids - 60 Rogue
Fornfamnad - 60 Cleric
Old 10-31-2015, 01:34 AM
Planar Protector

Yea, the pets cast spells not proc.

I don't know if this is classic or not, but it is how it works here. It allows for a few helpful tricks too.
Old 10-31-2015, 03:58 AM
Fire Giant

Magician pets always cast periodically as opposed to a melee proc. In fact, researching old guides for magicians solo'ing will probably dredge up advice of using an Earth pet to split a pair of mobs. On retail (pre PoP anyway) every standard level 49 or under pet would lead off with a cast if their spell was off of its internal cooldown (not the same as a normal player's). So you would look at two mobs, pause for a bit to make sure the Earth pet's was refreshed, have it attack one mob, it would be rooted (with luck on the resist), and then you'd put the pet immediately on the 2nd target and burn it down as fast as you could, swapping back to the first target just as root was wearing off.

I did this a ton in the Hole on Fennin Ro server, using my magician to solo the entrance golems. On a retail server back then you could pull the roamer and the first 4 safely. It was the last two that were too close to each other, so you'd use the earth pet to split them carefully in breaking the spawns.

Sadly, they're fooked on this server as all the entrance golems are in aggro range of each other. Nearly died on my necro discovering the difference here. Sucked as it was a good spot to exp from 44 to 49.