Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 12:05 PM
Large Bat

Default Ak'anon faction quest questions

I have an ogre warrior and have been working on factions in Ak'anon. I have been mostly doing the Blackbox series C quest with Minok. I get Gemchopper, King Ak'anon, Eldritch, and merchant boosts with the various steps.

I have also turned in around 90 rusty blackboxes while doing the Blackbox series C.

My Gemchoppers is up to warmly. King Ak'anon is apprehensive, Eldritch is threateningly. Merchants are dubious.

Why does one faction go up so fast and the others not seem to budge? Is there more of a boost for gemchoppers than the others with the quest turn ins? Is there something broken?

I give the shiny cards and get a blackbox but already have one. I get text giving me faction changes but do not get the item as I already have one. Am I actually not getting credit?

Perhaps someone with more in depth faction knowledge can comment. Also, what should can I do to test to see if it working. I have not been keeping a tally sheet of how many quests I have done. When you have done hundreds it takes a while.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Couple potential reasons.

1) Not all faction hits are equal. So it could be the quests you're doing raise Merchants slower.

2) Your race/class/diety combo makes it so that you had such a huge negative modifier that you're only just now hitting threateningly while you're actually nearing max faction with them.

This may explain it.
http://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Mec...tem_and_Levels

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Last edited by baalzy; 10-28-2015 at 12:28 PM..
Old 10-28-2015, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

If you have logs on, you should be able to see how many hits you have done if you search for the text string.
Old 10-28-2015, 02:08 PM
Aviak

Just out of curiosity, what in Ak'Anon is worth faction grinding on an Ogre?
Old 10-28-2015, 02:39 PM
Large Bat

Thanks for the suggestions of what I am seeing and how to see it.

I had forgotten about the logs.

The least a quest can benefit is one point?

From the project 1999 faction site:

Ally: 1051 to 2000
Warmly: 701 to 1050
Kindly: 451 to 700
Amiable: 51 to 450
Indifferent: -49 to 50
Apprehensive: -449 to -50
Dubious: -699 to -450
Threatening: -1049 to -700
Scowls: -2000 to -1050

So, if I have taken Gemchoppers from -50 (Indifferent) to over 700(warmly) that is a change of at least 750. In the meantime, King Ak'anon, has remained as Apprehensive which has a range of 400 points. It could be that Gemchoppers gets a larger change. How can one tell by the text ingame?

Also, Eldritch has been unchanged at Threatening. This faction has a range of 350 points.

It could be simply a difference in faction benefits for the quest but I remain dubious (hehe) as the King Ak'anon faction is listed before Gemchoppers on most of the quests which I have completed.

I will keep a better record of which quests and numbers I have completed.

-------

guinness, I have not a particular benefit in mind. It seemed like a thing to try to do. There is no unfamiliar benefit I am tapping into. It has some minor benefits to have faction but it has turned into a challenge for me as I have tried to figure out how to do it.
Last edited by Dawley; 10-28-2015 at 02:42 PM..
Old 10-28-2015, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawley [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, if I have taken Gemchoppers from -50 (Indifferent) to over 700(warmly) that is a change of at least 750. In the meantime, King Ak'anon, has remained as Apprehensive which has a range of 400 points. It could be that Gemchoppers gets a larger change. How can one tell by the text ingame?
You can not tell on P99 how much an individual hit is without doing rigorous testing using known faction modifying spells and testing how many hits it takes to raise it a level with and without the buff.

Live servers now days announce how much each faction hit was modified + or -. If you have a live character you can go test out the hit and it may give you a rough estimate here on P99. Some faction hit values are likely changed between the two though.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:57 AM
Large Bat

I was impatient. I logged another 55 quest turned in and my King Akanon faction progressed to indifferent and my Eldritch faction progressed to dubious.

I had a few minotaur horns stashed and I gave those to Lerner. After that, I am warmly to Gemchopper, amiable to King Akanon, dubious to merchants and Eldritch.

I headed for the banker and he attacked me. Hmm I am guessing the banker is on the Deep Muses faction? Can anyone confirm?
Last edited by Dawley; 10-29-2015 at 09:01 AM..
Old 10-29-2015, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

You might not actually be dubious to merchants...it's just that if you're KOS the merchants will appear as dubious, so banker could be on merchants
Old 10-29-2015, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

Remember you can sell at the Steamfont druid rings if this is the reason you're factioning.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:31 AM
Sarnak

Whats in Ak'anon to grind faction for?
Closed Thread