Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2019, 02:47 PM
Aviak

Default Uninterruptible casting NPCsd?

"Haynar: NPC's will be less susceptible to interrupt by combat/spell push (Credit work by Torven)."

Less susceptible? Some NPCs seem completely uninterruptible with push now. A giant being pushed by 30 people halfway across the zone and still getting off 3 CHs?

I'm pretty sure we were pushing Velk, Adjutants in Kael and White Wurms in ToV during Velious to interrupt their casting. How it's been changed to now is slightly over the top. I don't think we need to make paladins useful quite yet.
Old 09-30-2019, 02:58 PM
Planar Protector

Shouldn't this be posted in bugs?
Old 09-30-2019, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Vulak`Aerr i'm pretty sure
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:13 PM
Kobold

https://www.takproject.net/forums/in...14-2018.12991/

Prolly simular changes as torven did for takp he did here.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:36 PM
Planar Protector

NPCs are uninterruptible by push alone, yes. It was shown over at TAKP that pushing mobs never interrupted them in classic EQ. It's all about the bashes and kicks.

Welcome to classic mate.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolalin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
NPCs are uninterruptible by push alone, yes. It was shown over at TAKP that pushing mobs never interrupted them in classic EQ. It's all about the bashes and kicks.

Welcome to classic mate.
Takp is just a simulator. And with a different lvl cap!
Old 09-30-2019, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dugface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure we were pushing Velk, Adjutants in Kael and White Wurms in ToV during Velious to interrupt their casting. How it's been changed to now is slightly over the top. I don't think we need to make paladins useful quite yet.
I raided all that stuff weekly in Velious in era and the "everyone push push push to interrupt" tactic was one of the biggest culture shock things about P99 to me. I do not recall it being so prevalent to do this.

To be fair, my guild in Velious was like tied for third on the server, at best, so maybe we were just out of the loop on best practices. Strats were hoarded like classified intel back then. But here push is everywhere, xp groups, Kael arena farm, you name it. I would think it would be a similarly basic and widespread bit of knowledge in era also.
Old 09-30-2019, 04:59 PM
Planar Protector

Posted my own thread on the bash-side of things (both bash and push were mentioned in separate patch notes with the recent patch), but that thread seems to be a little lost in the shuffle. My memory agrees with yours Fammaden. Lot of stuff was pushed into the corners, then spam bashes to try to interrupt. Against easier stuff like kael arena healers, the Enchanters would mana-drain, a tactic which works perfectly well on P1999.

I'd like to test the bash side of things--to make sure it's interrupting even against targets where the stun doesn't land--but I haven't had the chance yet.

Danth
Old 09-30-2019, 05:01 PM
Planar Protector

P99 is a simulation designed to test the mechanisms in which groups with a shared background will agree upon a false history none of them previously experienced.
Old 09-30-2019, 05:08 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P99 is a simulation designed to test the mechanisms in which groups with a shared background will agree upon a false history none of them previously experienced.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Project 1999 Setup Guide
Closed Thread